Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Relax people. this bloke is the best in the comp. He has gone past Burgess from port in regards to keeping players on the park.
All our 'outs' besides lambert and Bulter are just management.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
gutfull said:
Conditioning staff are paid way to much to listen to footballers their job is to decide who playsweek in week out and to CALL it when tbey feel a player might further damage what might be already minor.....

Good idea. MRI and CAT Scan machines should be available on the boundary.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
gutfull said:
Conditioning staff are paid way to much to listen to footballers their job is to decide who playsweek in week out and to CALL it when tbey feel a player might further damage what might be already minor.....

you are assuming both did more damage by continuing to play. with no evidence.

lukeanddad

Tiger Champion
Nov 17, 2008
gutfull said:

Good idea. And given that about 15 out of our 22 last week would be carrying a niggle of some kind a5 round 21, we should have played the second half with 6 defenders and Soldo.

Baloo said:
Good idea. MRI and CAT Scan machines should be available on the boundary.

Why stop there? I’d clear the bench and get a couple of orthopaedic surgeons down there to give the boys a good once over.
zippadeee said:
Relax people. this bloke is the best in the comp. He has gone past Burgess from port in regards to keeping players on the park.
All our 'outs' besides lambert and Bulter are just management.

Not often that I agree it’s Zips...

gutfull

Tiger Superstar
Jul 6, 2013
Broders 17 Ha you think with ankle type injury they can run it out )))).

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
gutfull said:
The conditioning team made 2 bad calls .
Butler to play out the game and Lambert too...

You know exactly what happened do you?

The fitness and conditioning team have earned our trust.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Our conditioning and rehab staff have credits in the bank, in recent seasons they have done a superb job, especially with players returning from injury.

What has gone wrong this year, Is it just bad luck?

Playing two weeks in a row in Perth hasn't helped, it's a graveyard for soft tissue injuries. A lot of players get injured a week or so after playing there. Prestia and Lambert have missed games after playing there, Edwards and CCJ are showing the effects of playing there too.

Rob Innes promotion from our VFL side to be head of Rehabilitation for the 2017 AFL season was a fantastic appointment. I get the feeling that losing him to the Swans this year has been a massive loss.

If our Rehab and Fitness has been effected by the cut to the soft cap spend, we need to make it a priority for next season. Has there been any word on what the soft cap is going to be next year?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Has there been any word on what the soft cap is going to be next year?

I think increased to include 3 illicit kebabs, 1 pretend drug snort, 1 donation arising from public chivalry, and an incarceration-type gesture?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Happy to give it a go.
On a serious note. ... unless of course you're serious. .... what sort of formal/professional qualifications do these positions usually require?
Or is it like as has transpired at the AFL in that there's people who made coffee and delivered the mail and moved up through the ranks as we AFL members probably contributed to their ongoing education?