Luke Meehan and Conditioning team | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Luke Meehan and Conditioning team

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Agree.
For all the criticism in this thread they've actually done a pretty good job so far (touch wood of course) getting Grimes & Prestia over their recurring hamstrings to this point at least.
Yes, but I think some of the questions/criticisms aren't without grounds either though.

Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
-8km total team
-4km high speed efforts

As soon as GC got going in the 3rd we couldn’t go with them at all. Is this due to ageing players who don’t have legs anymore or as I have written after last week we are are just not fit enough.
Luke Meehan should be updating his resume and LinkedIn now as he has no business running an S&C program

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
-8km total team
-4km high speed efforts

As soon as GC got going in the 3rd we couldn’t go with them at all. Is this due to ageing players who don’t have legs anymore or as I have written after last week we are are just not fit enough.
Luke Meehan should be updating his resume and LinkedIn now as he has no business running an S&C program
Agree, they are not fit enough.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
-8km total team
-4km high speed efforts

Who has Scumwood and Boringbourne got? 4 quarter running.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
-8km total team
-4km high speed efforts

Very interesting.

Reactions: 1 user

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
exercise running GIF
Pre season 2022/23

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I see it as a real balancing act. It's a bloody long season now 23 games + finals. The goal has to be having a fit squad who are peaking coming into September. Of course you have to get there first.
Won't matter for us. Irrelevant. No finals. We might beat WCE, might, but then I can't bear to think what Cats are going to do to us. Won't beat Lions, Saints, PA, probably not Bummers. Hawks, GWS, Freo will likely be close games ... which we regularly lose now. Norf? I thought we were certainties in '22.

Surely you need fitness for the first half of the year too.

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Won't matter for us. Irrelevant. No finals. We might beat WCE, might, but then I can't bear to think what Cats are going to do to us. Won't beat Lions, Saints, PA, probably not Bummers. Hawks, GWS, Freo will likely be close games ... which we regularly lose now. Norf? I thought we were certainties in '22.

Surely you need fitness for the first half of the year too.
100% we started the season like 22 Arthur Dungas were out there.
We don't chase. Prestia has spent 6 weeks walking. No chase nothing.
The only blokes that run is Baker Flappers Tarranto and Rioli. The rest are hot dogs

wammo

We're from Tigerland
May 16, 2007
Sunday was the first game I've seen live this season and I couldn't believe how much walking I saw from our players. Often in situations where the ball had just left the contest, but there were no GC players there, just 2 or 3 of our boys strolling dejectedly along behind them as they ran off, with the ball still not really that far away.
I actually put it down to a lack of effort/care rather than fitness, but it's hard to know.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
-8km total team
-4km high speed efforts

Hey Ghost. Just wondering where you found these stats & how do they compare with say Collingwood?

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
It's in the AFL app in the tracker section of the match reports. The Gold Coast average speed was .2km faster on offence but .9km faster on defence. We have been slower in every game this year. We are either the most unfit team in the league or the mix of older and young players is off.

• Sad

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Soldo is re injured now after rushing him straight back into the seniors.

• Wow

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Last 3 years been a mess our fitness department and they hire a bloke within puzzling.