• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Lynch !!

DavidSSS

Tiger Superstar
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The fact Lynch played every game after a big injury and very limited pre-season and light training for half the year shows the champion that he is. So tall, so strong, doesn't step back, great kick. What can you say except he was a brilliant pick up.

Thankfully we delivered too and he is a premiership player in his first season at Richmond, must be pinching himself after 8 years at GCS.

He deserves this prize, not just for the talent he has but also for the fact he did give a lot of years to GCS. Shows character and Richmond need to keep getting players of character as it is a big part of our current success.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
The fact Lynch played every game after a big injury and very limited pre-season and light training for half the year shows the champion that he is. So tall, so strong, doesn't step back, great kick. What can you say except he was a brilliant pick up.

Thankfully we delivered too and he is a premiership player in his first season at Richmond, must be pinching himself after 8 years at GCS.

He deserves this prize, not just for the talent he has but also for the fact he did give a lot of years to GCS. Shows character and Richmond need to keep getting players of character as it is a big part of our current success.

DS
Had a beer at the Sorrento Hotel with Tom and his new best mate JR8. Confirmed he came to Tigers because he wanted to learn from Jack. And that he didn’t want the number 1 defender. Got a few laughs!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Canberra
Had a beer at the Sorrento Hotel with Tom and his new best mate JR8. Confirmed he came to Tigers because he wanted to learn from Jack. And that he didn’t want the number 1 defender. Got a few laughs!
Not entirely a selfless act on his part!

But, Tom admits he defers to Jack and now Tom is a premiership champion!

Don't Argue, shout them both another beer!

Reactions: 3 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Lynch primed to attack Tigers' flag defence
December 10, 2019 — 4.39pm
Off a limited preparation with a dodgy knee, Richmond star Tom Lynch played in every game, kicked 63 goals, won a flag and was awarded life membership in his first year at Punt Road.
The sky's the limit in 2020 after he avoided post-season surgery and reported for the Tigers' pre-season program ready to take part in full training.
Tom Lynch, second from right, was on hand with his teammates as the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School class of 2019 graduated on Tuesday.

Tom Lynch, second from right, was on hand with his teammates as the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School class of 2019 graduated on Tuesday.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS
"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything, so it's really nice to be out there this time of year instead of in the gym or swimming in the pool," Lynch said.
"Everyone wants to be out there in pre-season ... it's a lot more fun running around kicking footies than being on the grinder.

"It's good to be in this position.
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one.
"I want to build on last season and hopefully improve a little bit."
Marlion Pickett congratulates some of the students.

Marlion Pickett congratulates some of the students.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS
After the grand final romp over GWS, Lynch and his more senior teammates returned to training in the first week of December.

The former Gold Coast skipper is intent on building the bond with veteran tall Jack Riewoldt this summer.
The pair didn't train together much after Lynch arrived as a free agent from the Suns.
Then they only shared the forward 50 in 13 games last season as Riewoldt battled wrist and knee injuries.
"I think the more we play with each other the better we'll be," Lynch said.
"I felt like our chemistry really grew towards the end of the year and I'm looking forward to growing that again this year."

Lynch spoke to reporters after Tuesday's graduation ceremony for the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School, which is housed at the club's Punt Road headquarters.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
I am feeling Lynchy's vibe :D

What Tom said yesterday:

"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything "
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one".

From my training report Monday:

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D

Reactions: 6 users

French Tiger

Tiger Champion
Oct 6, 2004
Feels like he has been a tiger for many years he has slotted in so well & it seems all the players genuinely love him.

Once i get out of my premiership couldn't give a stuff about next season mode, i will think about he good he is going to be with a full pre season under his belt.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
I am feeling Lynchy's vibe :D

What Tom said yesterday:

"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything "
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one".

From my training report Monday:

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D
Hope we don’t lose you to A Current Affair or 60 minutes.
Your reporting has gone to another level.
Maybe I’ll start referring to you as “The Anchorman”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
During the pre-season last year, I always thought Lynchy looked either slightly lost or a bit unhappy. I feared he wasn't going to love the Richmond Football Club.

As the year progressed, he started to look more comfortable and by the Grand final, his love of the club and happiness in belonging was beyond any doubt.

This pre-season, he looks like a 'Richmond Man', loved by all!

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
During the pre-season last year, I always thought Lynchy looked either slightly lost or a bit unhappy. I feared he wasn't going to love the Richmond Football Club.

As the year progressed, he started to look more comfortable and by the Grand final, his love of the club and happiness in belonging was beyond any doubt.

This pre-season, he looks like a 'Richmond Man', loved by all!
Actually, having listened to him on a Talking Tigers ep earlier in the season I reckon he was just trying to fit in and didn't want to come across as a big head.
Maybe the 'lost' look was him realising he'd been stiffed by having lost 8 years of his career.
Can't wait for more blistering Prestia to Lynch passes in the years to come!

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Would be very hard to come to a club and be straight into the rehab group.

Even with the guys on the list for years, you have to be careful they stay connected when in rehab, it's like a club within a club and can be very isolating.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
We won the flag because this guy kept our head above water for the first 12 weeks then helped propel us forward when the reinforcements arrived.

Amazing impact really, he was huge for the Tigers.

Reactions: 13 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Is this bloke better than Tom Hawkins at his peak?
When was that?
Hawkins 256 games 554 goals
J.Riewoldt 262 games 631 goals

New question ..... is this bloke better than Jack Riewoldt at his peak? ;)

Last edited: