Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I’ve wondered at times if one of our young mids could actually play as a small forward, plenty of young guns have started that way
RCD should be looked at as a medium forward. Pace to burn, good hands. Tough match-up.

Lynch is a crock. Can't jump, or turn, or bend over, or get moving even as quickly as Will Martyn, and has three opponents every time we sit it on his head. Get CJ in to assist.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
He has to be better agree not clucking those marks like we have seen has role changed.What I will say tho defenders always hanging off him and doesn't get a free other key forwards do.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Not in the same league, Richo was a superstar and if he had that team around him, He would have kicked a lot of goals.
Richo never had balls kicked on his head he had to dig em out from under his feet with a shovel.
And Tom Lynch isn't a poofteenth the footballer Mathew Richardson was.

Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not in the same league, Richo was a superstar and if he had that team around him, He would have kicked a lot of goals.
Richo had good teams around him between 1995 to 2002.
He tried to do it all off his own boot. That team wasn't as team oriented as today's team.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
he's paid to kick goals, he does that last night we win

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
You're going soft Mr Brightside. We need to make this fella accountable. Really playing poorly compared to his potential.
Lol , I honestly think we’re been a bit harsh on Lynch, for reasons I’ve already mentioned, it’s also no surprise Jack’s kickin goals as he’s been left one out, while Lynch takes on his opponent and their ruckman

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
1.3 and just doesn’t move enough to create space.
Look buggered at the end and just wanting the ball kicked on his head for a 1 on 2
Getting no love from the umpires.
Two free's missed in front of goal for big Tom.
Could have easily finished the game with

Last edited:
  • Haha

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Without Lynch and the role he plays we are in a world of hurt. Absolutely crucial to our structure, goals for him are a bonus.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Richo never had balls kicked on his head he had to dig em out from under his feet with a shovel.
And Tom Lynch isn't a poofteenth the footballer Mathew Richardson was.
I would still take Jack in front of Richo
If they were both available today in a draft.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
He looks rooted with the amount of running he's required to do. Often competing against two or three and doing his job for the team, but a little disappointing that he's not marking more often when he gets a good run at it. Gave Clurey a nice corkie in an accidental deliberate sort of way.

Reactions: 1 user

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
He looks rooted with the amount of running he's required to do. Often competing against two or three and doing his job for the team, but a little disappointing that he's not marking more often when he gets a good run at it. Gave Clurey a nice corkie in an accidental deliberate sort of way.
Yeah the corkie was mint. And then a few minutes later both he and Jack smashed a pack and another Port player was very ginger after.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Fair post. He's not quite the marking clunking forward I thought he would be but it is unlikely we win the 2019 flag without him and he is crucial to structure. The commentators seemed surprised that his stats were better than Dixon's when they put them up side by side and they regularly pull themselves over Dixon.

Reactions: 4 users

bdr

Tiger Rookie
Dec 18, 2002
I felt when he started with us he was an absolute dead-eye and I was v confident in his goal kicking. That seems to have gotten less each year...wonder if it’s because of his role, maybe he is often too buggered when he gets a shot?

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Saw Dusty being quite demonstrative towards Lynch when he refused to chase an opponent running out of their backline.
Haven’t seen Dusty offer that type of on field leadership before

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I felt when he started with us he was an absolute dead-eye and I was v confident in his goal kicking. That seems to have gotten less each year...wonder if it’s because of his role, maybe he is often too buggered when he gets a shot?
Accuracy across the competition is at a 10-year low.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Saw Dusty being quite demonstrative towards Lynch when he refused to chase an opponent running out of their backline.
Haven’t seen Dusty offer that type of on field leadership before
Not sure Dusty should be critiquing others chasing ability

Reactions: 5 users