Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Fair enough. I guess I mean liability because opposition teams don't seem to have much trouble limiting his output and influence.

I also forgot to mention that I am dumb about football.
Never played it at the elite level.
The nuances/tactics/strategies/etc of the game today have passed me by.
I can only assess what I see with my eyes, and even they are pretty dodgy nowadays!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
The Lynch bashing is embarrassing.

He is being double teamed each time. When he does get on the leas we kick it on his toes or out wide.

Look up field before having a crack at Lynch.

Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We have found our new whipping boy.

It's been awhile.
He's not a whipping boy, but we've lost some depth as a club because of the $$$ we're paying to our top line players. On par, Lynch isn't earning his. He needs to lift, and
show what he's actually capable of. He is in part responsible for the drop in talent.

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
He's not a whipping boy, but we've lost some depth as a club because of the $$$ we're paying to our top line players. On par, Lynch isn't earning his. He needs to lift, and
show what he's actually capable of. He is in part responsible for the drop in talent.

He's also partly responsible for winning our last 2 premierships.

Yeah, he's not playing his best but dumping the ball on top of his head while surrounded by 4 opposition players isn't exactly utilising him the best way either.

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Yeah, he's not playing his best but dumping the ball on top of his head while surrounded by 4 opposition players isn't exactly utilising him the best way either.
Rubbish (I agree with the last 2 premierships stuff). The rest.....I'll acknowledge defensively he was good in the first quarter today. But we need more from him when we're in attack. Did you ever see Nick Reiwoldt wrestling, or just standing there letting 3 players crash him? No, he kept moving. Running. Working his opponent into the ground. Same with the other great HFs.

Lynch's workrate isn't high enough without the ball. It's really hard to double or triple team a moving target. And the space he'd create if they did.....

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

We dump it on his head as thats what he's calling for, the one out the back. He rarely leads up away from his defender.

I posted in the game thread that he is engaging his opponent too much. For some reason he's not strong enough to push them off, they outmuscle him and then he gets caught behind. Other times he hangs goal side of his man and they try and kick it over him but rarely works.

Lycnh has played his best footy as a lead up forward but rarely does it any more.

We don't help him by seperating Jack and Lynch, but he's also not helping himself.

Reactions: 6 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
One on one he ate May for breakfast,. He gets unfairly treated by the umps when double.and triple teamed. Gets held out of the contest at every opportunity

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lynch's workrate isn't high enough without the ball. It's really hard to double or triple team a moving target. And the space he'd create if they did.....

One on one he ate May for breakfast,. He gets unfairly treated by the umps when double.and triple teamed. Gets held out of the contest at every opportunity

Both of these things.

He needs to work harder and create some space. It is true he gets pushed around and shoved all the time, often he should get a free but never does. But, this is precisely why he needs to be moving around a lot more. Run the defender off his feet, create some separation. If 2 players are on you then run towards the pocket and leave space for the rest of the forwards (they will stop double teaming you if you do this). A big forward being opposed by 2 or 3 defenders should be able to contribute to an outnumber or a 1 on 1 elsewhere in the forward line.

If he can do this and the players upfield know it then we should be able to improve our inside 50 entries.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Watch the replay & focus on Lynch vs his opponents. Have a look at how often he gets held or blocked in a contest. It may surprise you..
He gets NOTHING.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Watch the replay & focus on Lynch vs his opponents. Have a look at how often he gets held or blocked in a contest. It may surprise you..
He gets NOTHING.

Yes, I totally agree that our forwards get blocked etc like all forwards but get way way less free kicks.

But we know this is the case so we need to control what we can control, and I reckon that means Tom needs to be running around more. He is behind too often he needs to find some space, make some space or drag a few defenders away so we can hit a different target to lose the crowd around him.

DS

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
struggling to get any separation and get off the ground. wonder if there's an injury issue?

Jack who's a few years older seems much more lively with his movements

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I remember in Toms defence Dimma said last year that he needs to play on the edge, do those little things that make him look like he’s crossed the line. The media don’t like it, and it isn’t the best look, but if Tom needs to do that to get the best out of himself then so be it. He’s not doing it this year, it’s noticeably absent. We need angry Tom back.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Nothing wrong with lynchy.
He wakes up after the bye.
When the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
He is either getting on his head or his toes based on posts above. Therefore should the offenders be named or is not Richmondy to point the finger at the individuals who deliver it in such untidy fashion to our spearhead?

Reactions: 1 user