Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
The problem is when inside 50 he always seems to be behind 1 or 2 defenders. He can't seem to get any separation or our forward line is crowded.
I've been thinking about that. It may be to stop defenders pushing him under the ball and out of the contest. It's easy to do using hips, shoulders or forearms for one big defender, let alone two.
I really think TL is almost the opposite of Dusty with his low centre of gravity. All Lynch's strength might be in his upper body. Notice it in ruck duels too.

He doesn't hold his ground well for a 199cm man.

Reactions: 1 user

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
The problem is when inside 50 he always seems to be behind 1 or 2 defenders. He can't seem to get any separation or our forward line is crowded.
Love Tom...but he looks like he is not moving well. No strong leads. Jack looks fantastic...strong leads!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where are the lynch haters??
Who wanted him dropped?
He was always going to destroy the Smurf defence.
Footscarys defence is bottom 4

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Where are the lynch haters??
Who wanted him dropped?
He was always going to destroy the Smurf defence.
Footscarys defence is bottom 4
I was one saying he needed a spell to work on his marking.
His marking was a point today, havent seen that all year. Happy to be proven wrong and want to see more of those marks

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Best thing today was he was clunking his marks. Saying that he was getting much more separation by moving up the ground a lot more and not having to fight 3 opponents in the marking contest. Footy is a confidence game. Just needed to get the marking groove back.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
His season started tonight I reckon the worm may have turned.

This was the game he's needed.

He kept getting his hands on the footy and kept presenting, he just didn't nail the scoreboard first half.

Confidence back in time for the Cats and Bears.

Big game, I think he kicks on from here and hopefully takes the team forward with him.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Just seemed to create that little bit more space for himself tonight. Even the best players can't have 3 opponents hanging off them and do well. Still managed to crunch a few packs but also a couple of marks on the lead.

Good game, nice to see him get some form back, needs a bit more confidence kicking for goal.

DS

Reactions: 1 user