Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Stoobes

Tiger Rookie
May 24, 2005
AFL Ratings had it as his best ever game for Richmond today, hard to argue against.
It was really noticeable at the ground how hard he was working, confidence is a funny thing.

Reactions: 2 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
When Lynch plays to his pay grade - he's a difference maker. Hopefully he's going to do that consistently from now on.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Playing him higher inside 50 as a starting position is helping him. He’s not anchored to the square.

Plus he’s helping himself by being constantly on the move - harder for the defenders to grab & scrag. Gives him a run at the contests, grabs a few marks and hey presto, the confidence comes back.

Reactions: 5 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Are we moving the ball better ? Is Lynch moving better and Clunking like the old Lynch ? Not sure but to get the points against Moore is a fair sign things are looking up

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
What has changed over the last two weeks?
Has got on his bike. The difference between his running and leading against the Pies - coming out to the wings and hard leads in the forward line demanding the footy - contrasted to standing and pointing to put it in the air against the Dees could not be more different. Huge change.

• Love

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Moore was shocking yesterday. At the ground he looked horrendous and even the commentators were scathing of him on the recording I watched when I got home. Was a mile off him numerous times. Howe wasn’t much better.

Still, you can only play against what you get (including a lowly WCE) and Lynch had dominated them both.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
For the stats gurus - what was Lynch best set of games.

2019 was his best year for us to date - won us a few games that year including a prelim.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Reckon a big part of Lynch’s complete and utter domination of Moore was due to the way the ball was delivered directly to him rather than to a particular spot in the forward line. Moore kept sagging off to the spot he expected the ball to go while Lynch went somewhere else and kept drawing the ball directly to him.

I know it’s frowned upon around here to give credit to our coaches, particularly for anything forward line related, but I think we’ll have to make an exception here.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Makes it much easier to play forward when there's a lot faster n cleaner ball coming in from the midfield. We're still stuffing up a fair few of our entries, but we're at least giving the big blokes a decent chance to go one out n in space.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Needs to take 10-15 more seconds to think through his around the corner shots. I think he has left 2-3 on the table over the last 2 weeks. super critical yes but as the Full Forward should not be missing those by rushing that kick.

Take your time Tom if your going around the corner. Go back, relax, take out the players who are still getting out of the way, kick the goal.