Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Needs to take 10-15 more seconds to think through his around the corner shots. I think he has left 2-3 on the table over the last 2 weeks. super critical yes but as the Full Forward should not be missing those by rushing that kick.

Take your time Tom if your going around the corner. Go back, relax, take out the players who are still getting out of the way, kick the goal.
Take your time indeed, the unwritten rule is you take your 30 so your midfielders get a 30 second breather.

Reactions: 3 users

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
MMM talking about the Coleman medal and Barrett said 'Curnow is now on 25 goals, and that's only from 7 games, because he didn't kick a goal in round 1'

:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
MMM talking about the Coleman medal and Barrett said 'Curnow is now on 25 goals, and that's only from 7 games, because he didn't kick a goal in round 1'

Incredible analysis.

Our media are so awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012

He must be over the moon about Lynch. He's kicked half that many in two games.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Jeepers. Next time I'm going out, I'm telling all the girls that I'm 20, if you ignore the other 20 years.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Our man is getting some very soft match ups and destroying them. Good. We want him confident for the once or twice he meets a footballer. In the big city games.

Jack will lift in those games and threaten in his own right.

Theoretically do only GF teams have tall backs?

Reactions: 2 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Tom must be going well, foxsports need to have a headline from touk miller about the confrontation he had with lynch when he decided to leave, I assume he confronted brandon ellis too about going to gc under FA?

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Our man is getting some very soft match ups and destroying them. Good. We want him confident for the once or twice he meets a footballer. In the big city games.

Jack will lift in those games and threaten in his own right.

Theoretically do only GF teams have tall backs?

We don't underestimate the Dynastical impact of Grimes and Astbury.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Been a couple of years since Tom clunked his marks like he did against the Filth. Perhaps an indication that he has confidence with hand/finger again.

Reactions: 1 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Tom must be going well, foxsports need to have a headline from touk miller about the confrontation he had with lynch when he decided to leave, I assume he confronted brandon ellis too about going to gc under FA?
Touk Miller is a sook and hypocrite. The next Harry O”Brien

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Been a couple of years since Tom clunked his marks like he did against the Filth. Perhaps an indication that he has confidence with hand/finger again.
It's odd, against the Dees he was pathetic in both attack on the ball and marking. And really he has been poor in 3 games. But at times he moves freely and launches with aggression. Not sure if it was simply that Moore played so loose or that Tom just outworked him? He looked to be covering the ground so well.

I bemoan the marking but he does sit No.1 in the AFL in total contested marks so is doing something right. He has set the standard the last 2 games, lets hope he maintains it, we are a different beast when he puts it all together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Lynch is a different beast when allowed to run and launch at the ball. The better defenders don't allow him to do so, and he gets caught out trying to wrestle, or play from behind. But when given the freedom to roam, you can see his confidence rise. It's why I think he's a better CHF than FF because it gives him more licence to keep moving, which helps his overall game.

The faster ball movement into F50 is also helping out Tom. We've made some significant improvements in the ball movement the last two weeks, and he's reaping the benefits.

Reactions: 5 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
To state the bleeding obvious, he looks better when can hit the ball/contest at pace. He gets to jump at the ball and while he isn't going to take Mark of the Year he is an absolute unit so he crunches packs. He isn't quick but momentum is a killer, the physics kind not the imaginary football kind. You accelerate an object of his size to its maximum and it will do damage when it encounters another object. I suspect that is where his reputation(?) comes from. Stand in the wrong place when Tom has up a head of speed and the inevitable crunch could be life changing. But the difference in the Collingwood game was the way he was cluncking them. He works hard always does Tom. Does a heap off the ball. Comes up the ground to provide an out and help his team mates. But when he is holding his marks he is incredibly dangerous. I can't tell how delighted I was that it happened to be the old rival, the filth, that saw his return to form.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Lynch is a different beast when allowed to run and launch at the ball. The better defenders don't allow him to do so, and he gets caught out trying to wrestle, or play from behind. But when given the freedom to roam, you can see his confidence rise. It's why I think he's a better CHF than FF because it gives him more licence to keep moving, which helps his overall game.

The faster ball movement into F50 is also helping out Tom. We've made some significant improvements in the ball movement the last two weeks, and he's reaping the benefits.
No doubt about that , tis chalk and cheese , that stuttering movement v melb was a worry , since then wooshka and we re striking our forwards 1/1 , be it tom, dusty jack , and that poses one heck of a threat

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
To state the bleeding obvious, he looks better when can hit the ball/contest at pace. He gets to jump at the ball and while he isn't going to take Mark of the Year he is an absolute unit so he crunches packs. He isn't quick but momentum is a killer, the physics kind not the imaginary football kind. You accelerate an object of his size to its maximum and it will do damage when it encounters another object. I suspect that is where his reputation(?) comes from. Stand in the wrong place when Tom has up a head of speed and the inevitable crunch could be life changing. But the difference in the Collingwood game was the way he was cluncking them. He works hard always does Tom. Does a heap off the ball. Comes up the ground to provide an out and help his team mates. But when he is holding his marks he is incredibly dangerous. I can't tell how delighted I was that it happened to be the old rival, the filth, that saw his return to form.
In fairness he did kick 7 the week before.