Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I could be wrong, but based on Dimma's language I think we just took advantage of the sub rule and wanted to sell it as more serious than it was to avoid a spotlight.

Reactions: 6 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Just finished watching the replay, not sure we rorted the sub rule.
Lynch genuinely looked sore to me.

Not quite grimacing during the 3rd Qtr but you can tell he isnt quite right (in hindsight if you know what I mean).
Plus during his interview with Darcy, Watson and Carey, as he stepped away for a moment to be part of the Group photo, he wasnt quite right either.

Of course he will play unless the scans show some major damage, but reckon its a legit injury.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
He was moving around OK in the rooms after the game, he was in the background when the 3 wise monkeys were chatting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
This from my Main Training Report on Thursday:

"Lynch, Tigga and Shedda looked fine but left the track after just 30 min."

So Lynch not as fine as I thought and no fabrication, they must be managing him despite his red hot form.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Looked like managing a minor injury to me. We don't want to play with form so we play Lynch, but when it got a bit sore he went off, seems reasonable.

The whole thing would have mainly been to make sure he can play in 2 weeks time.

Sub rule is so open to rorting, they should just get rid of it or make it for concussion only. Even if they make it for concussion only it is ridiculous as you end up with a player not getting any VFL game time and no AFL game time if no-one is concussed.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Looked like managing a minor injury to me. We don't want to play with form so we play Lynch, but when it got a bit sore he went off, seems reasonable.

The whole thing would have mainly been to make sure he can play in 2 weeks time.

Sub rule is so open to rorting, they should just get rid of it or make it for concussion only. Even if they make it for concussion only it is ridiculous as you end up with a player not getting any VFL game time and no AFL game time if no-one is concussed.

DS

I reckon they should say as soon as the opposition activates their sub the other team can too and if no sub sub has been used up till 3/4 time both teams free to activate at will.

Reactions: 12 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Yeah, he's so good, he shops at Cash Converters.
Embarassing much to involve yourself in *smile* like that.
Trying to tell us a bloke on $1M a year buys his tools at cashies.
Probably does, just like a proper old school bushy.
Why pay out good hard earned money on bright n shiny new *smile* when you can make do with a second hand dodgy old piece of someone else's left over *smile*.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I reckon they should say as soon as the opposition activates their sub the other team can too and if no sub sub has been used up till 3/4 time both teams free to activate at will.

Great idea, but this is the AFL we're dealing with, so no chance.

DS

Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Tigers knew ,Tom has a sore calf,so instructed him to come off when getting sore,no coincidence he went off after bagging 5.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Surely he is in the AA team ahead of Hawkins and Cameron.
He should be; definitely. Kicked more goals than both of them from less games in an injury interrupted season. But he plays for Richmond so the Geelong *smile* sucking media will ensure that he misses and Cameron is selected ahead of him.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

DS
I hate the sub rule. If going to have it just have 3 players on the bench & you can bring the 4th player into the game at any required time. Even from the opening bounce if you want. As soon as the sub is activated the opposition are able to activate their sub too. Any subsequent injuries are just bad luck.

Surely he is in the AA team ahead of Hawkins and Cameron.
Has taken the most contested marks in the comp too.

Reactions: 3 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Funny, I thought he was icing his right groin
It was actually his right adductor, bit lower than his groin, but it certainly wasn't his calf. Maybe a ruse to fool the media?...the plot thickens.

Reactions: 1 user

Doogle

Tiger Cub
May 1, 2018
Melbourne
FavEFtvacAAIbtk

• Love
Reactions: 13 users