Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Somewhere in the 6 - 10 week range post surgery he will be fully up and going.

All very true but every player will say that without a decent pre-season their lives are that much harder in season.

Getting fit is easy but there's no substitute for the full conditioning and touch you get from doing the work.
Full preseason has many variables

If its just klms in the legs then he will have that as he is already running and getting the time into his running , His ball work wont need alot.

He has come in and started running this week and we still have nearly 8 weeks to go until the 1st game so he is effectively having a full preseason

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Full preseason has many variables

If its just klms in the legs then he will have that as he is already running and getting the time into his running , His ball work wont need alot.

He has come in and started running this week and we still have nearly 8 weeks to go until the 1st game so he is effectively having a full preseason
Tom is pain free and was slotting goals from 50 with ease, the signs are good.

Reactions: 20 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Am pretty worried about his disrupted preseason tbh. He's missed a lot of work.
Was the opposite last year. He had a brilliant preseason & it culminated in his best season.
Just so important to our chances. Fingers crossed..:confused:

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Am pretty worried about his disrupted preseason tbh. He's missed a lot of work.
Was the opposite last year. He had a brilliant preseason & it culminated in his best season.
Just so important to our chances. Fingers crossed..:confused:
This reminds me of 2019 when he first joined the club. No preseason, started the year off slowly and went bang around mid year. Still managed to keep our forward line in tact when Riewoldt was out injured.

Lynch is an aerobic beast. I wouldn’t be too worried.

Reactions: 3 users

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
This reminds me of 2019 when he first joined the club. No preseason, started the year off slowly and went bang around mid year. Still managed to keep our forward line in tact when Riewoldt was out injured.

Lynch is an aerobic beast. I wouldn’t be too worried.
Exactly my thoughts , He just really needs 2-3 weeks of ball work and game simulation
has the 12 years of preseasons under his belt and knows the game plan and will require the oppositions best KPD

Reactions: 1 users

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach

A repeat of 2019 is more than acceptable to me.

Let the games begin
I say.

Now, that’s not an invitation for George to miss six in the big dance!

• Haha

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
The issue I see for Lynch is with his history and lack or preparation his soft tissue risk factors are off the charts.

He is going to be a nightmare for Meehan to manage, you either manage the hell out of his workload and sit down a key player that we want out there, or you accept that he is going to ping something at some stage and you hope like hell the timing is good and he is there when it counts.

And of course even if you take option 1 there's still a good chance option 2 emerges anyway.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
The issue I see for Lynch is with his history and lack or preparation his soft tissue risk factors are off the charts.

He is going to be a nightmare for Meehan to manage, you either manage the hell out of his workload and sit down a key player that we want out there, or you accept that he is going to ping something at some stage and you hope like hell the timing is good and he is there when it counts.

And of course even if you take option 1 there's still a good chance option 2 emerges anyway.
Arent you a barrel of fun?

• Haha
  • Wow

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
So whats Lynch's injury !!!

Hamstring ? No
Calf ? No
Knee ? No

plantar fasciitis, ? Yes
He has had surgery 3 months ago and is being eased into it slowly to avoid other issue's

He will be fine in 4 weeks to play Round 1

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

Never any club gets a perfect run with injuries n gets to play their best 22 every week. Always been a juggling n balance effort trying to manage the players available and have the premium players at their best at the pointy end of the season.
Unfortunately coaches, up until very recently have wanted their best players on the park every week, often when they've only been at 70% or so.

Old mate Salty showed last year what some astute player management can achieve, with a little luck thrown in.

Clubs going to need total buy in from the players, coaches and fitness gurus together to ensure we manage the playing list as well as possible and have the older and most talented players in premium shape for finals. Meehan's got a big job in front of him, hope half the job isn't wasted fighting unnecessary battles.

Footy seasons have long been described as marathons. Best marathoners over the years understand how to be on pace, surge at optimal times to break up packs plus retain a little in the tank for one last burst heading toward the finish line.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
The thing is preseason isn't just about getting fit enough to play, that's the easy part. It's about preparing your body to withstand the rigours of the season, that's the important aspect he is missing out on.
I’d be more concerned about his touch.
He’s a senior player with in excess of 10 preseasons under him.
Body conditioning will be fine if he plays some practice games and pulls up ok.