Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Saw him this morning at work, and he said he will announce where he is going in 1 week. Second time in the last month or so I have had a short interaction with him at work, and he is the most awkward person. I cant put my finger on it, but he just seems nervous or socially awkward or something! :cutelaugh :cutelaugh
Interesting comments in hindsight. This was very evident at the start if the year.

I think Tom is maturing in front of us this year. He seems a lot more relaxed and happy and it is reflected in his performance. Richmond is good for him. I could imagine that being captain at the suns and in the spotlight, given his personality, contributed to his move.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Fortunate enough to have seen Royce play at his peak.......just beautiful to watch.
For the unlucky ones..... kick back for a couple of hours and watch the great man!
Intro by another great man:)

Moved to Melbourne in 1974 so saw a bit of Royce. It is so noticeable in old footy clips that he would contest the mark but also contest the ball on the ground, far ahead of his peers. Big marking forwards would go for the mark and if they didn't get it would stop back then.

Just as an aside, watch this game, you will love it - the '73 prelim is one of the best games ever.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Lotsaluv coming for Tommy
(heard a bloke call Lloyd on radio the other night and he said at the game they shout out Liability Lynch when he gets the footy, in honour of Lloyd ! . ..... poor old autumn leaves!)

On 3aw talk back a caller rang in and said Liability played well!, there was awkward silence while Lloydy framed his response, it was cringe worthy, something like:
I am not going to take back what I said but maybe i didn't take in account enough how big his operation was and how little pre-season Tom had. (You'd think he might of thought of that before he made his dumb comment:confused:)

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I was a bit too young to appreciate Royce but if Lynch reminds them of Royce I would have absolutely loved him. Watching the replays of the last two games I just can't believe how good he's been. Has totally ripped the opposition apart. I guess it's no coincidence it's happened when Reiwoldt's come back.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I was a bit too young to appreciate Royce but if Lynch reminds them of Royce I would have absolutely loved him. Watching the replays of the last two games I just can't believe how good he's been. Has totally ripped the opposition apart. I guess it's no coincidence it's happened when Reiwoldt's come back.

It's more that he is fit and has confidence in his body rather than the addition of Reiwoldt. He has built into the season beautifully. Monster. Pies are gonna struggle to hold him and Reiwoldt. Usually I want the rain but wouldn't mind if its dry, we will have the aerial advantage.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
It's more that he is fit and has confidence in his body rather than the addition of Reiwoldt. He has built into the season beautifully. Monster. Pies are gonna struggle to hold him and Reiwoldt. Usually I want the rain but wouldn't mind if its dry, we will have the aerial advantage.

Sure he's obviously getting fitter every game but Reiwoldt's presence demands a quality tall defender and this often makes it more difficult for an opposition to double team. I am sure Reiwoldt's 3 early goals last game forced Port defender to play even tighter. This has to help Lynch get space and more involved I would have thought. Regadless I just love the way he attacks the ball and his immense skill at ground level as well. It's just a joy to watch. It's why turn styles click (hmm!).

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Isn't it a joy watching two top line forwards work their trade!!

Lynch marks outside the 50 wheels around and kicks to Riewoldt who has just one undersize defender to deal with. Riewoldt must think this is Xmas.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Isn't it a joy watching two top line forwards work their trade!!

Lynch marks outside the 50 wheels around and kicks to Riewoldt who has just one undersize defender to deal with. Riewoldt must think this is Xmas.
Even more dangerous when dusty is in the goal square as it stretches out their key defenders.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He's become a complete handful for defenders. Umpires are on to it and he's now drawing frees

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
That's why we chased him. Fantastic effort. Maybe Greg Louganis would like to reconsider now. He may have been a better than average, even good forward, but he's a horrible judge of talent.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Speechless.
As dominant a first half of football as you will ever see. This guy could be anything.
Scary good

Reactions: 5 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
An absolute monster. Incredible hands on the deck. A frightening prospect for defences in the next 2 months.

Reactions: 1 user