Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Imagine if we ever win clearances and contested ball - how much easier that would be for our forward line! Glaring issue that must be fixed.

Lynch looks better with another tall forward playing for us. Fair enough it was only Chol, but it helped. Lynch also forgot about worrying about his man and just attacked the ball last night - got better as the game went on and looked like he turned a corner even inside his own head. It's another piece of the puzzle that will eventually deliver.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/13/lynch-mark-causes-social-stir-after-howe-hanger-deemed-dangerous/

Is this for real?!

WTF is happening to our game?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
WesternTiger said:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/06/13/lynch-mark-causes-social-stir-after-howe-hanger-deemed-dangerous/

Is this for real?!

The AFL is getting their wish to make the game a non contact sport.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
WesternTiger said:

Is this for real?!

Woah didnt spot that. Blame the AFL the way they train their umpires imo with the constant tinkering of rules. I feel sorry for the umps( & the MRO & the MRP inconsistencies)

Then the AFL comes out and blames fans as they react to the effects of bad umpiring but fail to look at the problem correctly to address the 'cause' of the bad umpiring. Just react to the reactions of fans. Thus deflecting the true issues of poor management & training of umpires by the AFL.

We see an increase in evicting people and then state no crack down.
Was curious from listening to radio today randomly so I later listened to the last interview by Gil on 3aw. its all over the place on a number of issues, chops and changes. even frustrated I think Neil to the point he kept asking the same question over & over, struggled to answer straight questions but gave cliches'.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
MalenyTiger said:
agree, his best game for the club. Signs of what is to come. Can't wait for JR to be back to take some pressure off him.

I'm a bit late on this topic, but I agree with the above. Was impressed with Lynch. I was thinking of last year's game against Sydney where Jack had the ball on a string, playing up the ground. If he can play like that upon his return, Lynch will only benefit from it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
WesternTiger said:

Is this for real?!

Are these morons implying Lynch knee'd him on purpose?

If these scumbags want Richmond to disappear/fold then come out and say it! Seems like everything we do gets interrogated.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
pretty sure the players understand they might have a mark taken over them ..
.. maybe they all need to sign waivers before entering the field of play .. ffs ...

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
WesternTiger said:

Is this for real?!

To be fair most of those comments were sarcastic and more a reflection that the Howe mark should not have been a free kick.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
From the number of times he seems to run under or get pushed under the ball it's clear he doesn't have full strength in his legs. When he does I'm looking forward to seeing some Lynch hangers.

Bizzbizz

Tiger Rookie
Jul 13, 2015
Had an almost game did the big fella can’t wait until he has a proper pre season and starts trusting his body and his routine again.

Finished with 9 disposals 6 marks 3 contested marks 3.3 and 8 score involvements if it’s 5 he’s had s big day

Still for all the hate he’s got this year he’s top 5 in the Coleman off no pre season and learning a new gameplan and team mates games

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
With regard to him really dominating and ripping oppositions apart, he'll be much better with a full pre season and integration.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Tommy is a write off till next season in regard to him really ripping oppositions apart, he'll be much better with a full pre season and integration.
Not necessarily. Caddy and Prestia were ordinary for the first half of 2017 before integrating with the team. Lynch will be better when Jack returns, but they only have half a season to learn how to combine.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
Major knee surgery... no pre season... new teammates.. uncustomary role in a new game plan.... and is top 5 Coleman and top 3 contested marks... lol I think he will be just fine somehow.

B

Bill James

Not sure contesting against Rioli and Bolton in the same pack is part of the world domination plan.

Reactions: 1 user

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
That big pack mark warmed my soul. I expect him to fully repay the faith when it counts in this run to the finals. Kudos to the guy for playing every game off a very limited pre season.

Reactions: 2 users

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Not sure contesting against Rioli and Bolton in the same pack is part of the world domination plan.
Agreed. This needs to be addressed.

The main reason there was a pack was because our crumbers were competing with him. And if Lynch had dropped it, there was no-one down to crumb it.

I think Geelong have a rule: 'only one forward flies at a time; the rest stay down'.

This may not seem like a big thing, but it is significant. Especially when Jack returns, the forwards must interact in a way that is predictable to and supportive of each other.

Reactions: 1 users