Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Missing the sitter with that around the corner set shot 15m out... i wanted to strangle him. But at least he learned from it. However, I'm getting a bit frustrated by his flakiness. He needs Jack back.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Missing the sitter with that around the corner set shot 15m out... i wanted to strangle him. But at least he learned from it. However, I'm getting a bit frustrated by his flakiness. He needs Jack back.

Don't forget his kick from 45 to win us the Port game. I reckon he is a smooth operator as a rule. Just some yips recently.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Don't forget his kick from 45 to win us the Port game. I reckon he is a smooth operator as a rule. Just some yips recently.

I don't think its the yips. its brain explosions. However, if Lynch thinks he has to kick it in that manner from 15m out, it shows a lack of confidence. It might well be a disease inficted on him from his Gold Coast days.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
For an ex Captain he does seem to lack composure.

Marked the short pass from Dusty in the square, then played on.
Kicked the goal, but had to cop the heavy tackle from a charging Saint.

Just unnecessary.

On the plus side it makes me feel that he will get smarter and better.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I don't think its the yips. its brain explosions. However, if Lynch thinks he has to kick it in that manner from 15m out, it shows a lack of confidence. It might well be a disease inficted on him from his Gold Coast days.
It is a product of confidence. If he was unrestricted, clunky marks all over the ground (like he is capable of) and the team was flying, we'd see his kicking improve. It will come together - hopefully in line with the rest of the team in coming weeks.

There are a lot of similarities to Prestia's first year (hopefully). Looked ordinary for the most part but his straps in the second half.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
The return of Riewoldt will create even more opportunities for Lynch. The mere fact he's played every game is beyond expectations I had in the pre-season.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
For an ex Captain he does seem to lack composure.

Coming to the Tigers as a Marquee Million Dollar signing is a heavy burden to carry.

It crippled young Boyd at the Dogs but he paid for himself getting them a flag.

Tommy was never under pressure at the Suns no way known anywhere near the pressure he will be now be feelng at the RFC.

That pressure will come more from himself than anyone else.

He will deliver, its unrealistic to expect him to carry all before him on his arrival, post season ending knee injury and the way the ball comes into the 50 at times doesnt help him either.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Everyone couldn’t wait to see him and jack play together.
It hasn’t happened, they needed 10+ games to learn each other’s style.
He will be more of a player when jack gets back. Opposition players can’t double team him and leave jack alone Or visa versa.
Hopefully 7 games together on the G will bring out the best of both of them.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Happy Anniversary Tom, (sometime this week anway), 12 months since his PCL surgery, onwards and upwards from here:cool:

Last edited:

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
I get the feeling he came to Richmond because of Jack and one reason was that he wouldn't be the pea in the pod and wear that expectation. Has done well. Should do better as part of a dynamic duo.

Rabbia

Tiger Cub
Aug 18, 2015
I get the feeling he came to Richmond because of Jack and one reason was that he wouldn't be the pea in the pod and wear that expectation. Has done well. Should do better as part of a dynamic duo.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind lamb.

We've had quite a few pleasant surprises this year, from Stack onwards. At the same time I've always been really keen to see how Jack and Lynch go together, after a suitable 'gelling in' period. Now we can get a real look at it, from here.

Fingers crossed against any further misadventure.