Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not many sides have 2 AA quality defenders.
The combination of jack & Lynch will be unbelievable.
At the ground today, I lost count how many players sat at full foward while lynch and jack moved up the ground.
My highlight of the day was when Stackhat went to full forward.
I was singing ‘we have the best full foward in the league”

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
today he looked like the most imposing KPF in the game and like he has the capacity to control a fair bit of what happens in sept.

It’s Lynch or Cameron. His leading at the ball and timing was spot on. Should’ve had 6 today.

It’s incredible that Jack & Lynch already have such a sense of each other’s space and patterns that they aren’t flying against each other.

Lynch has a new sense of energy & spark, the knee must be feeling so much better. Like Prestia the change has given him purpose in his football.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Lynch was tagged a liability by Lloyd.

Have to agree.....he is certainly a liability for any defender stupid enough to stand in his way.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
When dusty went to full forward , with Tom and jack roaming around in the 50 , it had an intimidating look to it,

That is the stuff that would give opposition coaches sleepless nights

Reactions: 4 users

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Super impressive.

Any coincidence that he’s gone to another level since JR8 has been back?!

Wait until they’re both 100% fit - will be a sight to behold.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Super impressive.

With Chol dropping in there occasionally we had a very tall forward line at times today.

Always thought Lynch would get better. Limited pre-season, Jack out, he has been such an asset and now he has more fitness and Jack attracting a top defender Lynch is showing just what he can do.

Fabulous.

DS

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
With Chol dropping in there occasionally we had a very tall forward line at times today.

Always thought Lynch would get better. Limited pre-season, Jack out, he has been such an asset and now he has more fitness and Jack attracting a top defender Lynch is showing just what he can do.

Fabulous.

DS

Realistically how good could this guy be?
On top of his ability, he’s aggressive and intimidates defenders.
Weapon

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon he is tracking just like Prestia did.

Prestia started to hit his straps about this time during the season and then went bang during the finals. It takes the best part of a season to find your groove at a new club, particularly with a limited pre season.

Lynch has 5 more weeks to refine his craft before I believe he really announces himself during finals.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
With no Darcy Moore, Collingwood will be extremely exposed down back next week. They won't have the luxury of double teaming Lynch or Jack. Me thinks Lynch will kick a big bag.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Super impressive.

v Carl 15 disposals - 3 marks - 4 goals 2
v Coll 21 - 6 - 3.1 (Riewoldt injured)
v Melb 24 - 10 - 3.2 (Riewoldt injured late)
v GWS 28 - 7 - 4.1
v Port 29 - 14 - 6.5

Looking ominous.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Let's see Friday what sort of umpiring consistency we get on defenders.....

Exhibit A : Tom crunching packs attempting one grab marks
Exhibit B : The Texan Longturd running under the ball with flailing arms, pleading for frees

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
In tandem with Jack, he opens up the whole forward line. It’s very noticeable that defences can’t double or triple team our forwards any more. If they can’t take the mark, the smaller guys are feasting on the crumbs.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Just a little fact I wasn’t aware of “Lynch, who's taken more contested marks inside 50 than any other AFL player this year”.

• Love

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It’s Lynch or Cameron. His leading at the ball and timing was spot on. Should’ve had 6 today.

It’s incredible that Jack & Lynch already have such a sense of each other’s space and patterns that they aren’t ****** for the same ball.

I did say during game that Jack better be ready to cop 100kg at full tilt all in the cause...he was in a few packs that Lynch crashed.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I thought he was just going to run over Amon? When he picked up the ground ball on the F50 line city end. Run over as in car v pedestrian. I was scared three decks up.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I thought he was just going to run over Amon? When he picked up the ground ball on the F50 line city end. Run over as in car v pedestrian. I was scared three decks up.

They say 100kg of feathers weigh the same as a 100kg of bricks.
Someone forgot to tell that theory to Lynch. Wrecking ball