Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Lynch primed to attack Tigers' flag defence
December 10, 2019 — 4.39pm
Off a limited preparation with a dodgy knee, Richmond star Tom Lynch played in every game, kicked 63 goals, won a flag and was awarded life membership in his first year at Punt Road.
The sky's the limit in 2020 after he avoided post-season surgery and reported for the Tigers' pre-season program ready to take part in full training.
Tom Lynch, second from right, was on hand with his teammates as the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School class of 2019 graduated on Tuesday.

Tom Lynch, second from right, was on hand with his teammates as the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School class of 2019 graduated on Tuesday.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS
"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything, so it's really nice to be out there this time of year instead of in the gym or swimming in the pool," Lynch said.
"Everyone wants to be out there in pre-season ... it's a lot more fun running around kicking footies than being on the grinder.

"It's good to be in this position.
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one.
"I want to build on last season and hopefully improve a little bit."
Marlion Pickett congratulates some of the students.

Marlion Pickett congratulates some of the students.CREDIT:JUSTIN MCMANUS
After the grand final romp over GWS, Lynch and his more senior teammates returned to training in the first week of December.

The former Gold Coast skipper is intent on building the bond with veteran tall Jack Riewoldt this summer.
The pair didn't train together much after Lynch arrived as a free agent from the Suns.
Then they only shared the forward 50 in 13 games last season as Riewoldt battled wrist and knee injuries.
"I think the more we play with each other the better we'll be," Lynch said.
"I felt like our chemistry really grew towards the end of the year and I'm looking forward to growing that again this year."

Lynch spoke to reporters after Tuesday's graduation ceremony for the Melbourne Indigenous Transition School, which is housed at the club's Punt Road headquarters.

Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I am feeling Lynchy's vibe :D

What Tom said yesterday:

"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything "
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one".

From my training report Monday:

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D

Reactions: 6 users

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Feels like he has been a tiger for many years he has slotted in so well & it seems all the players genuinely love him.

Once i get out of my premiership couldn't give a stuff about next season mode, i will think about he good he is going to be with a full pre season under his belt.

Reactions: 1 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
I am feeling Lynchy's vibe :D

What Tom said yesterday:

"I'm feeling great, I've been in everything "
"I can focus a bit more on my craft compared to this time last year when I was just battling and trying to get fit for round one".

From my training report Monday:

Tom Lynch: Ahh how good is it to see him in full flight before Christmas rather than worrying if he is going to be right for round 1:D

Hope we don’t lose you to A Current Affair or 60 minutes.
Your reporting has gone to another level.
Maybe I’ll start referring to you as “The Anchorman”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

happytige

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2005
During the pre-season last year, I always thought Lynchy looked either slightly lost or a bit unhappy. I feared he wasn't going to love the Richmond Football Club.

As the year progressed, he started to look more comfortable and by the Grand final, his love of the club and happiness in belonging was beyond any doubt.

This pre-season, he looks like a 'Richmond Man', loved by all!

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
During the pre-season last year, I always thought Lynchy looked either slightly lost or a bit unhappy. I feared he wasn't going to love the Richmond Football Club.

As the year progressed, he started to look more comfortable and by the Grand final, his love of the club and happiness in belonging was beyond any doubt.

This pre-season, he looks like a 'Richmond Man', loved by all!
Actually, having listened to him on a Talking Tigers ep earlier in the season I reckon he was just trying to fit in and didn't want to come across as a big head.
Maybe the 'lost' look was him realising he'd been stiffed by having lost 8 years of his career.
Can't wait for more blistering Prestia to Lynch passes in the years to come!

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We won the flag because this guy kept our head above water for the first 12 weeks then helped propel us forward when the reinforcements arrived.

Amazing impact really, he was huge for the Tigers.

Reactions: 13 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
If he stays injury free and Jack plays most of the year I would be surprised if he is not All Australian next season.

However I wouldn’t back him for the Coleman as I think Jack will quick more goals than him as he will play deeper as he gets older and slows down slightly.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
First half of Sunday's game I thought Lynch had continued from practise game 1, looked out of sorts, missing marks and shots at goal. Then second half he went boom, the Lynch we know. Ended up with 15 disposals, 6 marks, 4 goals and 6 tackles (2nd most for the team). He's so important to our setup and is unstoppable when firing.

Reactions: 2 users