Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
N
Like all forwards, looks far better when on the move. His body work is quite poor - especially in comparison to Jack, hence the free kick issue. He is slow - a genuine worry given the length of contract. Just needs to move & compete like he did in the second half today.
I reckon he was alright.
The dogs never pay him any free kicks.
His goal kicking is 50,-50.
But i wouldnt be worried about lynch.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Just wish he'd lead more ala Richo.

Absolutely, he seems more concerned with pushing the players out than leading to space. I actually text at half time to someone asking if Lynch had shrunk. He was actually substantially taller than his opponents today but made them seem much taller. Didn't think he was good at all today. Free kicks given away stopped momentum and got easily pushed under the ball far too often.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
My only concern with Lynch is where are the crumbers , we should be kicking more goals from his crashing packs

Reactions: 3 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Had putrid service today. We gave him no chance.

Battled manfully in the second half. Kicked 3, should’ve been 5.

Going ok.

Reactions: 12 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Had putrid service today. We gave him no chance.

Battled manfully in the second half. Kicked 3, should’ve been 5.

Going ok.
Spot on. The kicking inside 50 has been atrocious. If u watch him live he is playing on 2 or 3 defenders nearly every time he goes up. He almost always creates a contest though... unfortunately our small fwds have been non existent.

Reactions: 4 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
N

I reckon he was alright.
The dogs never pay him any free kicks.
His goal kicking is 50,-50.
But i wouldnt be worried about lynch.
Agree. Did a stack of work and was our
Most likely forward. Not super but not the issue today

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Would be good to see him lead up more, although I wonder if he is being prevented from doing so. If he is being blocked he won't get any frees from the maggots, Richmond jumper prevents that.

Thought he was ok though, when we lose we generally lose it in the centre.

DS

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Thought he was our best player in the 2nd half. Came back from a poor first half and redeemed himself. If others did the same, we would have got closer

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Has had as bigger workload as any on our list over the past 2 seasons , like a lot of our guys I think he will build into the season , once CJ is available I wouldn’t be against giving TL a week off and let CJ start with his own forward 50

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I'm glad Lynch is coming under the microscope a little. For his money, he needs to do more. He's playing like a role player, being paid like a super star. Just don't feel like he's doing enough when not kicking goals to help the side.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Some harsh critics of Lynch. He is getting the ball kicked on his head and double teamed most times. Was our best in yesterday’s loss.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I thought Tom was good yesterday, it was pleasing to see him one grabbing his marks, looks to be getting more confidence with his hand.

Reactions: 1 users

lisamaree

Tiger Rookie
Jun 19, 2004
Some harsh critics of Lynch. He is getting the ball kicked on his head and double teamed most times. Was our best in yesterday’s loss.
To be fair, he far too often stands behind his direct opponent whilst calling for the ball to be kicked long (and on his head). This nearly always results in an out number as the opposition’s third man arrives whilst our forwards are trying to create separation.
Unfortunately he is only half the player under these circumstances, rarely marks the ball and ineffectual at applying any sort of forward pressure.
Conversely, when he’s on the move and leading up to the ball carrier, his hands look vice like and if he’s not marking it, he’s usually crashing a pack and creating opportunities for the smalls.
Not sure what his instructions are, but I’m often left scratching my head as to why he refuses to lead up to the ball carrier as opposed doubling back and calling for it long and on his head.....dare I say it, reminds me of Tyrone Vickory at times.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Spot on. The kicking inside 50 has been atrocious. If u watch him live he is playing on 2 or 3 defenders nearly every time he goes up. He almost always creates a contest though... unfortunately our small fwds have been non existent.

Agree here. How many times did Lynch bring ball to the ground for there to be only Swans crumbing? Obviously the instructions are to leave the space open but if you do, as a small forward, you need to be running in as hard as possible to be front and square. Obviously Swans were running harder and faster. It was definitely an off day for the Tigers.

Lynch was damn good in the 2nd half.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The problem we have with both Riewoldt and Lynch is the umps are blind to the niggling and downright foul play the opposition heap on them each week but look for any suspicion of a niggle from these two and they blow up. It is no wonder their confidence is affected at times

Reactions: 3 users