Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
If we assume it was the former, which I feel more likely, then it has either degraded to the point where he can no longer manage to play through it, or they have decided his performance is being impacted so much that it is pointless playing through it, or they have decided there is no longer enough value in him playing to justify the decision to not repair now.

My money is on number three, my guess is they don't feel we can win the flag with the current output from Lynch, so it is worth rolling the dice on repairing his knee, in the hope that he will get back and the side will have done enough to create a window of opportunity for success that he can then impact.

I'd describe this as a fixture based surgery.
I completely agree with this point.

I think this explains his kicking, his very mediocre form and inability to jump.

I also think the fact we're sending him in for surgery is a case of this is a win win.
We get games into CCJ and/or Chol. We put him in, everyone is going to acknowledge that injury has cruelled our year. We get a chance to reload the list by the draft this year, with some slightly higher picks than if we finished 6-8.
If the new guys come in and we get wins, we have a potentially injury free rejuvenated Lynch for finals.

I think the clubs so much more professional in the past. I'd back it's management here with great confidence.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Probably explains why it has been patchy. I don’t think this is a recent injury.

Explains why he couldn’t bend below his knees.

yep. He's been moving like C3P0 all year. Classic *smile* knee huge turning circle (maybe Andrew Raines was carrying a pair of torn menisci his whole career?)

sounds crazy, but CCJ could make us better.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Saw him this morning at work, and he said he will announce where he is going in 1 week. Second time in the last month or so I have had a short interaction with him at work, and he is the most awkward person. I cant put my finger on it, but he just seems nervous or socially awkward or something! :cutelaugh :cutelaugh
yep. He's been moving like C3P0 all year. Classic *smile* knee huge turning circle (maybe Andrew Raines was carrying a pair of torn menisci his whole career?)

Yeah it’s a chance to see CCJ against average opposition

good chance for him

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003

Yes C3PO is it ezy. I was thinking 75 year old giraffe but C3PO nails it.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes C3PO is it ezy. I was thinking 75 year old giraffe but C3PO nails it.

yeah Giraffes stay pretty nimble until about 80.

they'de generally run rings around c3Po.

pretty big rings.

by analogy was designed to implicate Jake Aarts as R2D2 also

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
It's a fascinating question. One of my favourite things to do used to be to try and read other club's players injuries, as there's obviously some advantage to be had from that at times.

Assuming there hasn't been an impact to the knee we're not aware of, they have either taken this into the season or it has suffered a pretty significant degradation so far.

If we assume it was the former, which I feel more likely, then it has either degraded to the point where he can no longer manage to play through it, or they have decided his performance is being impacted so much that it is pointless playing through it, or they have decided there is no longer enough value in him playing to justify the decision to not repair now.

My money is on number three, my guess is they don't feel we can win the flag with the current output from Lynch, so it is worth rolling the dice on repairing his knee, in the hope that he will get back and the side will have done enough to create a window of opportunity for success that he can then impact.

I'd describe this as a fixture based surgery.

Great analysis, that makes a lot of sense.

They also know CJ is knocking the door down in the VFL, so the expected difference in output between CJ and a limited Lynch over the next 6 weeks could’ve make that an easier decision.

To VFL watchers, has CJ been playing more forward in recent weeks? It seems they were preparing for this likely situation.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I thought it was the other knee?
Who’s the doctor? Dr Nick Riviera?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Benny said today the surgery wasn't a surprise & they've been managing the injury. Might explain his l
lower output. Full credit to Tom for providing such a contest despite carrying a sore knee.

Reactions: 11 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Montagna says he wont be a big out for Richmond as his input this season has been poor.
King hit back and said he's been involved in 40% of Richmonds goals.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Montagna says he wont be a big out for Richmond as his input this season has been poor.
King hit back and said he's been involved in 40% of Richmonds goals.
Yeah but..you know...hmmm...

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah, little Joey replied with "but they have players that can easily replace him". Gerard changed topic.