Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If he got treated the same way most other forwards are he’d have kick three or four each game over the past month….
I saw Darcy Cameron get 2 of the softest frees in front of goals you’ll ever see yesterday. Tom could only dream of getting such treatment.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There was one play when the long ball came into the goal square. Tom and two Norf blokes. One prevents Tom from contesting the ball while the other marks it. Umpire 8 metres away.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
There was one play when the long ball came into the goal square. Tom and two Norf blokes. One prevents Tom from contesting the ball while the other marks it. Umpire 8 metres away.
One prevents Tom from contesting the ball by having his arm around Toms neck !

Reactions: 1 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
We need to make more noise with examples all over social media, we need to bring attention to this.
The media wont do it, so we need to do it, make enough noise so someone in the media picks it up.
However Dimma is making enemies in the media who are forwards who would have helped bring attention to this, e.g Brown and Carey who are usually fans of ours in the media.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm a qualified Tom Lynch fan. He's been usually terrible early but has lifted most games.

The umpires, the minions of SHocking, seem to have it in for him.

The umpires are influenced by the media narrative, which is largely controlled by the AFL. Lynch is a moral bankrupt. Viz Buddy Franklin is a beacon.

Hocking directly intervenes in the referee department. Directly. As rule interpretation. Aesthetics therefore marketability and therefore sales.

He is the one who is engineering the ridiculous free kicks to key forwards. Free kicks that Tom the Moral Bankrupt does not get a sniff of. It looks a lot like bias. But whose?

Reactions: 6 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We need to make more noise with examples all over social media, we need to bring attention to this.
The media wont do it, so we need to do it, make enough noise so someone in the media picks it up.
However Dimma is making enemies in the media who are forwards who would have helped bring attention to this, e.g Brown and Carey who are usually fans of ours in the media.
I don't think he's making enemies. He's asked them to go review the tape and tell us what they see re: lynch's treatment. He wouldn't do that if he didn't know the answer.
Challenging someone doesn't make them enemies. J Brown is a fair bit tougher than that.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
I'm a qualified Tom Lynch fan. He's been usually terrible early but has lifted most games.

The umpires, the minions of SHocking, seem to have it in for him.

The umpires are influenced by the media narrative, which is largely controlled by the AFL. Lynch is a moral bankrupt. Viz Buddy Franklin is a beacon.

Hocking directly intervenes in the referee department. Directly. As rule interpretation. Aesthetics therefore marketability and therefore sales.

He is the one who is engineering the ridiculous free kicks to key forwards. Free kicks that Tom the Moral Bankrupt does not get a sniff of. It looks a lot like bias. But whose?
Don’t forget some on here believe Tom has made his own bed and must sleep in it! what a joke. But umps are in no way bias…

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
I agree. He should be engaging with the likes of Brown, Carey and Riewoldt.

Show them heaps of video footage where Lynch gets mauled, grabbed, held, blocked, scragged, assaulted, raped, buggered and manhandled by one, two or three opponents. All without being able to fairly contest the ball. And no free hardly ever paid.

(The bastard umpires are probably in there holding his leg as well. And someone has his pet dog around the neck, just to make sure.)

Then ask them if they can offer any suggestions on how Tom could improve his game. Use them to aTom’s advantage, rather than snipe at them. Be smarter Dimma

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I don't think he's making enemies. He's asked them to go review the tape and tell us what they see re: lynch's treatment. He wouldn't do that if he didn't know the answer.
Challenging someone doesn't make them enemies. J Brown is a fair bit tougher than that.

I think it's a lot simpler than that. Lynch getting heat. Dimma jumps in and redirects all that heat onto himself. Just plain and simple good leadership.

Reactions: 3 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
There's no doubt that the Lynch media witch hunt of the last couple of years hasn't helped his cause. He's done no favours by the maggots.
Agree, however I’m as big a fan of Tommy as anyone , but for whatever reason he’s not anywhere near his best , Tommy at his best Clunks marks on any defence , he’s just not getting he’s hands on the pill anywhere near as much as he normally does. I’m not concerned going into next season, however atm he’s simply out of form

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
What's your solution for a $1 million a year flop then?
Play him where he is best suited - in the forward line.

A flop? Get a grip. He was a massive reason why we won the 2019 premiership. Without him we dont win - simple. And just as important last year in another premiership. He kicked 63 goals in 2019 and 30 goals last year (6th overall in the Coleman with Charlie Dixon in 2nd place on 32).

But hey lets stick him at CHB.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Agree, however I’m as big a fan of Tommy as anyone , but for whatever reason he’s not anywhere near his best , Tommy at his best Clunks marks on any defence , he’s just not getting he’s hands on the pill anywhere near as much as he normally does. I’m not concerned going into next season, however atm he’s simply out of form
“Tommy” ? What is this, kindy ??

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I saw Darcy Cameron get 2 of the softest frees in front of goals you’ll ever see yesterday. Tom could only dream of getting such treatment.
Recall Dixon got one directly in front opening minute of the game even leaving commentators scratching head what for , what was the margin again

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Can't remember the last time he took a mark on a long lead on the wing. or a contested mark flying over a pack. This tells you something

Yeah we all love him and will defend him from the poor treatment from the maggots and the media, but let's call out his poor performance. And it's not just this year.

Seems Dimma is defending him and hiding his poor form with his "playing a role" mantra

We didn't commit a 7 year Million dollar deal to someone to just bring the ball to ground.

to me he's struggling to move or jump with any freedom and power like he used to

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I don't think it's the knee that's been so noticeable more so his previous vice like hands.
I've thought for ages now that severe finger injury had a big impact on his ability to hang onto contested marks.
Just doesn't one grab like he did once.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I don't think it's the knee that's been so noticeable more so his previous vice like hands.
I've thought for ages now that severe finger injury had a big impact on his ability to hang onto contested marks.
Just doesn't one grab like he did once.
Good point, I’d forgotten about the finger/hand

Reactions: 1 user