Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
Reckon Noah had a fairly dirty night, struggled to mark, was *smile* when he tried to ruck n generally had nil impact on the game.
Are his eyes still an issue? I thought I heard or read something a year or two ago where he was going to have surgery to correct his eyesight. However, I'm pretty sure I noticed him wearing glasses at the club during the pre-season.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Are his eyes still an issue? I thought I heard or read something a year or two ago where he was going to have surgery to correct his eyesight. However, I'm pretty sure I noticed him wearing glasses at the club during the pre-season.
Not sure, could still be an issue. They generally don't like doing the laser eye correction surgery until the patient has turned 21, something to do with the old eye knacker not being properly developed before then?? Or it could be that his problem isn't suited to the treatment, or that perhaps he thinks he looks more stylish n edjamacated wearing glasses.

Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I have to say, out forwards could separate a lot better, I reckon there is room for all 3, maybe Jack a little further up the ground at half forward but seeing more than 1 of our tall forwards in the same marking contest is not good. We separate, the defenders have to separate.

DS
The synchronicity between jack and Tom I dont feel has ever been fantastic , how often are they seen in the same contest ,now I’m no coach but wouldn’t jack be dragging his opponent outa there . Perhaps Balta and lynch does work better , we ll see

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007

Mr Magoo has had a bit of a crack. Sure it will come up again tonight.​

The Tackle: Toothless Tom not a million dollar man

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 17: Tom J. Lynch of the Tigers kicks the ball during the 2022 AFL Round 01 match between the Carlton Blues and the Richmond Tigers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on March 17, 2022 In Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

What has happened to Tom Lynch? Once a colossal player, now he is battling to justify a contract worth close to $1 million a year, Mark Robinson writes. LIKES AND DISLIKES
You couldn’t pen this if you went to the game and watched it properly. Or maybe he was there but had a few too many

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Notwithstanding Robbo's agenda, there is possibly some merit to his argument. Lynch isn't the player now that was responsible for us winning the 2019 flag.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
You couldn’t pen this if you went to the game and watched it properly. Or maybe he was there but had a few too many
We had the lowest inside 50 count out of any team for the entire round.
And he’s now competing with 2 other tall forwards.
Under the circumstances, don’t think he could have done much more

Reactions: 8 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Notwithstanding Robbo's agenda, there is possibly some merit to his argument. Lynch isn't the player now that was responsible for us winning the 2019 flag.
I think he is ready to be better with an ounce of luck and some decent supply

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
We had the lowest inside 50 count out of any team for the entire round.
And he’s now competing with 2 other tall forwards.
Under the circumstances, don’t think he could have done much more
That would take a modicum of professionalism and research for old Robbo to see that - reality is he is lazy and Lynch is easy pickings

Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022

Mr Magoo has had a bit of a crack. Sure it will come up again tonight.​

The Tackle: Toothless Tom not a million dollar man

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - MARCH 17: Tom J. Lynch of the Tigers kicks the ball during the 2022 AFL Round 01 match between the Carlton Blues and the Richmond Tigers at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on March 17, 2022 In Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Dylan Burns/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

What has happened to Tom Lynch? Once a colossal player, now he is battling to justify a contract worth close to $1 million a year, Mark Robinson writes. LIKES AND DISLIKES
Lazy cheap snot journalism!
Lets not examine the state of the game and where it is going, the constant rule changes, the use of 50m penalties for minor infringements, the constant different umpiring interpretations of infringements, throwing of the footy has become part of the game!
etc, etc!!! How can we improve the game?!? Sound of crickets!!!
Oh I am so beholden to the AFL for my job credentials as a jurno WTF am I going to write about?!?
Can't bite the hand that feeds me!!
I know I'll pick on the biggest club, with the most supporters and the Club that has been successful in the past 6 years!
Clickbait material, easy as, cos their supporters are going to react to my Mr Magoo bull sheet drunken ravings!
How good is that! Too easy! I am so clever!

Reactions: 4 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I think he is ready to be better with an ounce of luck and some decent supply
And how is the supply going to come from Merv?
If, and more than likely, we get smashed in the midfield again, like on Thursday, no easy kicks to advantage to our forwards.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He compares his output in 2020 and 2021 - so not just last Thursday's game - to be on a par with Peter Wright.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
I thought Tommy was ok when he got some supply. It's pretty hard when you only get two inside fifties in the last quarter.

Reactions: 2 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
And how is the supply going to come from Merv?
If, and more than likely, we get smashed in the midfield again, like on Thursday, no easy kicks to advantage to our forwards.
Agree but hopefully it gets a tad easier - Carlton’s midfield performance was bordering on elite on Thursday, and super-fit

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Not far off the mark is Robbo. Tom is a $500,000 player nowadays

he was on that amount in 2019 when he played like a $1.5m player dragging the team to the very top. So he might catch up to the outcome v reward ratio sometime this year

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Who gives a flying *smile* what that guy thinks?

Yeah but what's your view on his output the last 2 years, particularly if it compares with Peter Wright's at Essendon ........but Lynch being at maybe $600k per year more ?

Forget about Mr Magoo. As jb said, Lynch is deserving of review given the above. Nobody's gonna let a $900k per year player avoid scrutiny with that sort of output. Crazy if you think otherwise. Personally, I reckon he's been underwhelming the last two years and that's without considering all the endless frees and 50's he keeps giving away as well. Has hands of stone sometimes.

Hopefully 2022 sees a return to 2019 form.

SeasonNumMTTeamKAvgHAvgDAvgMAvgHOAvgTAvgFFFAGAvgBSCRatAvg
2022191Richmond44115533002202221133838
20211918Richmond1307.2693.819911.1874.8261.4281.61724351.933243111561.9
20201919Richmond1216.4512.71729.1673.520.1231.21726321.72721991848.3

Reactions: 4 users