Lynch !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Lynch !!

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
If anyone doubts his value, have a look at the 2nd half. He was immense and gives us structure

Reactions: 12 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He looked unbelievably good yesterday
Pity we couldn't beat GC & Nth without him and getting ready for September

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Career form this season, even missing a bunch of games comes back and is killing it. Frightening for any backman even May.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Today he reminded me of 2019 when he pretty much carried our forward line to Premiership glory despite a shortened, injury laden preseason.

Still think he should have been given the Captaincy
Seen the captaincy mentioned a couple times today. I had no way of assessing the merits of the individuals. I was not surprised Grimes got it based on his seniority and likelihood he would playing another 4 years. But the merits of Lynch over Nank or Vlastuin or a younger player what drove you to favour Lynch?

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Seen the captaincy mentioned a couple times today. I had no way of assessing the merits of the individuals. I was not surprised Grimes got it based on his seniority and likelihood he would playing another 4 years. But the merits of Lynch over Nank or Vlastuin or a younger player what drove you to favour Lynch?

Been a captain before at the Suns. Don't like Nankervis as captain, and Vlastuin would have been a massive mistake imo.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
@St Kevin mentioned that Lynch is a previous AFL Captain. He's a beast on the field, stands up for his team mates and had proven he can carry the team on his shoulders when it's needed.

I also reckon he's the type of gladiator that will rise even higher when he's the Captain.

Reactions: 3 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Epic performance yesterday.

Geez, we just simply need to make finals. The footy world needs to see this bloke dominate the finals series like he did yesterday. In that form, he is in my mind the best key forward in the game.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Lynch's best mark yesterday was not the specky but the one taken at full pace on the wing in a contested situation, (clunk!!!! Awesome!!!).

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Lynch's best mark yesterday was not the specky but the one taken at full pace on the wing in a contested situation, (clunk!!!! )Awesome!!!).
Yep. And his best piece of play was in the last 30 seconds when he sprinted down from the 50 to be last man in defense and taking possession of the ball as the final siren went.

Reactions: 2 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Y
@St Kevin mentioned that Lynch is a previous AFL Captain. He's a beast on the field, stands up for his team mates and had proven he can carry the team on his shoulders when it's needed.

I also reckon he's the type of gladiator that will rise even higher when he's the Captain.
Yep, and he's pretty switched on .

A few games when it's close and we're up, he's parked himself in the backline and saved a game for us with a mark.

Speaks well, boring, respected.

Too late now though. And it's tough to watch nank and Grimes struggling on field

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yep. And his best piece of play was in the last 30 seconds when he sprinted down from the 50 to be last man in defense and taking possession of the ball as the final siren went.
And that is what Lynch attempted to do but failed to in our loss to Geelong where Interchange confusion had him caught him on wing for the restart and we know how that ended.

Reactions: 1 user