Making Their Mark (amazon doco) & One Night in Brisbane (fox/kayo) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Making Their Mark (amazon doco) & One Night in Brisbane (fox/kayo)

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
If you wanna see how far the crows have fallen check out the recent episode. Rock bottom.
Sloane's perspective was interesting, seemed to think it was just a case of flicking a mental switch to be a top midfield again.

Was surprised to see their top ballgetters were similar to 2017: Crouch x 2, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Seedsman, Sloane in the top 9. Out Douglas (5th) Atkins (6th), in Gibbs (8th) Keays (7th).

Have those players declined that much, is it the forwards + backs, or is it the way they're now coached? Did Pyke have a trick that was "worked out"?

A lesson in not taking good form for granted, perhaps.

Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Sloane's perspective was interesting, seemed to think it was just a case of flicking a mental switch to be a top midfield again.

Was surprised to see their top ballgetters were similar to 2017: Crouch x 2, Laird, Lynch, Smith, Seedsman, Sloane in the top 9. Out Douglas (5th) Atkins (6th), in Gibbs (8th) Keays (7th).

Have those players declined that much, is it the forwards + backs, or is it the way they're now coached? Did Pyke have a trick that was "worked out"?

A lesson in not taking good form for granted, perhaps.

Agrwe, it’s pretty fickle at the top - which is why the tigers are a dynasty team to remain there form4 years now.

If coaching standards drops - the team declines
If the form of our stars drop - the team declines
If the development of our youngsters stalls - the team declines
If our fitness regimes get lax - the team declines
If team motivation drops - the team declines

It doesn’t take much really and there are plenty of teams waiting to take our place.

Reactions: 1 user

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Clip of HWs half time GF address is out. Geez if that's all it takes to flick our switch.... God help the comp again this year.

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Tune in to Fox 504 7:30pm tonight for 'One Night In Brisbane' Premiership Special!

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Dwayne Russell extremely complimentary about the doco, said he's seen 3 odd hours of it and says the Richmond stuff is amazing and they should just cut up a separate show on the Tiges!
Looking forward to it.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Thought this was going to be a weekly episode thing, but having listened to one of the producers it's being released in a block of 7 eps @12.01am tomorrow!
So for those insomniacs with Prime.... enjoy!

No Prime? subscribe for a month then cancel it straight away to stop the direct debit. Pretty good value for $6.99 imo

Last edited:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought this was going to be a weekly episode thing, but having listened to one of the producers it's being released in a block of 7 eps @12.01am tomorrow!
So for those insomniacs with Prime.... enjoy!

No Prime? subscribe for a month then cancel it straight away to stop the direct debit. Pretty good value for $6.99 imo

Or buy something off Amazon that gets you Prime for free. When I bought my home assembly space ship kit 6 months ago, they threw in Prime for free.

• Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Dwayne Russell extremely complimentary about the doco, said he's seen 3 odd hours of it and says the Richmond stuff is amazing and they should just cut up a separate show on the Tiges!
Looking forward to it.
I noticed Dwayno had to mention 3 times how we were *smile* a decade ago lol , I don’t mind Dwayno , however it’s hard for him to be complimentary of the Tigs .

I love this stuff, however as contradictory as it is , I wish we didn’t let the outside look into the inner sanctum, I don’t believe we should give any opportunity for other clubs to get a sniff of how we do it. Yes feel free to abuse

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I noticed Dwayno had to mention 3 times how we were *smile* a decade ago lol , I don’t mind Dwayno , however it’s hard for him to be complimentary of the Tigs .

I love this stuff, however as contradictory as it is , I wish we didn’t let the outside look into the inner sanctum, I don’t believe we should give any opportunity for other clubs to get a sniff of how we do it. Yes feel free to abuse

Doubt we are giving much away Mr Burnside. In fact, the snippets and audio etc I've heard just aren't all that interesting to me - including that half time stuff from Dimma.

I know most people won't agree, but I find a lot this stuff (i.e. behind scenes dialogue) all the standard sort of stuff you've heard before either in any of the many other Amazon and Netflix docos or by playing team sports in clubs personally. It's all standard or expected dialogue to me. "Forwards move up the ground...have belief in yourselves...you write the story" yadda yadda yadda. Standard footy stuff. Same with the docos on Spurs, Jordan-Bulls etc. Guys arguing with one another in the club - standard. Highs and lows in the club - standard. This player is injured how do we replace him - standard. These docos traditionally show a lot of game footage, pressers etc that you've already seen too. Go over stuff you're already aware of. Maybe this one will be different. Dunno.

I'm maybe more interested in some of the personal journeys of some of the players outside of the club, and some of the decision making dialogue and what was behind those decisions. Hope we get a bit of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah I'm sort of with you @Mr Brightside .....but I think the rolled gold IP is still protected according to the bloke I listened to.. strategic stuff etc. Maybe this is more the rah rah rah stuff every footy club does and we're lucky enough to have the cattle to do it.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah I'm sort of with you @Mr Brightside .....but I think the rolled gold IP is still protected according to the bloke I listened to.. strategic stuff etc. Maybe this is more the rah rah rah stuff every footy club does and we're lucky enough to have the cattle to do it.

Exactly Australian Olympic Committee 1974. Every sport club doco I've seen has mostly been along those lines. Not all of it, but a lot.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

I reckon most clubs have a fair idea of what we do, as we do of them. Grigg at Geelong would be divulging a *smile* lot more of our inner workings than and Amazon docu. And no doubt stuff Grigg would have said gets round to all the clubs.

As long as we've got Emma, we should be right.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Exactly Australian Olympic Committee 1974. Every sport club doco I've seen has mostly been along those lines. Not all of it, but a lot.
I had to think for a moment what the *smile* has the 74 Olympics got to do with this.... (i must get rid of the 1st gf's initials and date stamp and move on!)