March To The Finals - 2020. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

March To The Finals - 2020.

Isotopes

Tiger Rookie
Aug 3, 2013
Finally watched the 95 courtesy of YouTube.... go Knighter! If only we had a fit Richo

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Found myself and son in the crowd shot near the end at about 2:33:30. :)
I was at the end when Knighter kicked his third.

HT I was down in the dumps.
Essendon supporters delirious.
I kept the faith as I thought if we got the first couple in third or were within striking distance in the last we could overrun them.

Umpires even then were ...
11-4 to HT.

Our big men not having the best game or influence of theirs. I mean Gale was getting his hands on the ball but playing from behind, Charles 1 goal but nothing else, Dear ok in the ruck.

Even then we liked the long bomb .

Boofa starting on the IB was perplexing.

3AW commentary with CH7 coverage was good.
Sam Newman classic best with some decisions.
HTB issue then ..

Onto watching the second half then.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I was there as well but don’t have an enormous memory of it as I was pretty young at the time. I am told by my family that from 1967 I became obsessed with Billy Barrot and I had a duffel coat with Billy 24 Barrot on it which was replaced by Royce 4 Hart when Billy left.
if we make it this year it will be the first Richmond grand final I have missed in my lifetime with my record standing at 7-2.
1972 and 1982 still haunt me with 1982 especially vivid even after 38 years have passed.
Snap! I had 24 on my tiger jumper. Loved Bustling Billy.

Reactions: 1 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Just watched the highlights of our recent game against Geelong, specifically when Hawkins marks early in the 4th qtr to bring the Cats within 22 points.

BT actually says "Goodness, gracious me, if this one happens to go through I might just get a smile out of the crew here tonight".

Sounds like they weren't at all enjoying Richmond's domination all game.

We have both the umpires and the commentators against us.

It hurts sometimes being this good.

Reactions: 3 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
For you quickdraw McGraw

Thanks for posting - given the crap weather outside made for a lovely Sunday afternoon watch.

What I noticed from the game
* Llyod was already playing for frees so early in his career
* the umps have never liked us
* Dimma has just borrowed a game style from this game - who needs talls

Reactions: 2 users

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
WIN_20200927_19_13_58_Pro.jpgSo... I got this from an antique shop about 15 years ago. (Cost more than a shilling) but it's got a summary of every season.

I was reading about the 1920 season today. 100 years ago.

Made my kids listen to some key moments as well.

I can put a couple of pages up if anyone is interested?

PS Vic Thorpe has Tiger Brand tea and other groceries at reduced prices.
Phone: j 2628 (No SMS, sorry)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I don't mind so much that the Tigers have to play next week.
Not sure having a week off would help us much, particularly if we are going to select underdone players (Astbury, Prestia). Too much time off in the hub.
Just reckon it's time to get the Tigers roaring and playing each week might be the right way about it.
Nevertheless, I still believe the Tigers will go B2B in 2020.

Reactions: 1 user