Matchbox 20 Concerts | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matchbox 20 Concerts

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Did anyone go to either of the Matchbox 20 concerts last weekend? what did you think of them??

I went on Friday night, and i thought it was totally awesome, i had a great time. ;D

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I went on the Friday night, and thought they were absolutely fantastic. I just love that band, I think Rob Thomas writes fantastic songs.

My friend and I were thinking about going again on Saturday night but opted to go to the footy instead (just as well the Tiges won)!!!!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Yea i was at the friday night one as well, thought it was Mad!!! i had the best time.

My mate and i were also thinking bout going to the sat night show, but went to the footy also (already had tickets) apprently the band didnt do an encore because Robs voice was playing up and ppl booed them after they didnt come back out, how wrong is that!?!?! :mad: :(

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
cogs_is_sexy24 said:
nah but i'm going to the sum 41/new found glory concert on wednesday night! i'm so pumped bout it! cant wait! ;D ;D ;D

How mad was that concert!!! Sum 42/new found glory/ For amusement only were all fkn awesome!! I had the best time, and i got a sum 41 tshirt after the show. ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
g0tigers said:
apprently the band didnt do an encore because Robs voice was playing up and ppl booed them after they didnt come back out, how wrong is that!?!?! :mad: :(

Yes that is bad. Everyone i spoke to here in Adelaide loved the one here.

Cant believe people would boo for them not coming back out. Most people do expect it but surely if explained they would understand. Some people have no respect.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
g0tigers said:
How mad was that concert!!! Sum 42/new found glory/ For amusement only were all fkn awesome!! I had the best time, and i got a sum 41 tshirt after the show. ;D

i had the best time eva!!! i got a t-shirt aswell...which one did u get? i got the one with the purple sleeves and the stereo on the front...i really wanted the tour shirt but they didnt have any left :mad: :mad: :mad:

but yeh, i had the best time, all 3 bands were awesome! i cant believe its over though... :( oh well, the ataris are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I got the tour tshirt?? But i dont think it was the offical one?? It was for 10 bucks outside, i couldnt find the merchandise stand!! LOL!! it has the 4 green faces on it and the cities they are tourin on the back.

I really really really really really wanted a new found glory hat!! but yea couldnt find the merchandise stand...i think it was under where i was sittin....

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
there was a merch stand outside festival hall...but by the time new found glory was over it was closed :(
there was also a merch stand near me at the back of the hall...apparently there were 3 different stalls

i didnt see the top that you got...i agree with u, i dont think that it was an official top. yeh that nfg mesh hat was awesome! i wanted it, too! :)