Matildas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matildas

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
so we won :cupgold

I really don't think people understand how big this tournament is. It'll be the biggest tournament Australia has hosted since the Sydney Olympics. Visitors to Australia will dwarf the Olympics. It’s a massive, massive event. And we can win the thing.

From a personal point of view, I'm gonna see about how I can get involved from a supporter side of things. It’s an opportunity too good to miss.

22-13. 9 of their votes were from EUFA. even England voted for them. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
so we won :cupgold

I really don't think people understand how big this tournament is. It'll be the biggest tournament Australia has hosted since the Sydney Olympics. Visitors to Australia will dwarf the Olympics. It’s a massive, massive event. And we can win the thing.

From a personal point of view, I'm gonna see about how I can get involved from a supporter side of things. It’s an opportunity too good to miss.

22-13. 9 of their votes were from EUFA. even England voted for them. :rolleyes:
Great news!!!

Regions tend to vote as blocks. Infantino probably voted for us as we had the better technical appraisals.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

The final to be in Sydney at ANZ stadium. no surprise there. we just don't have the football infrastructure here in Melbourne. All of the host stadiums are proper rectangular stadiums and the MCG was never part of the bid. the FA didn’t bother to try after the events of the 2022 world cup bid. I don’t even think Melbourne will get a semi-final. I’m tipping Brisbane and Auckland to get those.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The Matildas are stinking it up recently, but it could have been much worse if the ESL had gone ahead. Players like Sam Kerr and others who play at the prospective ESL clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, ManU and Liverpool would have been banned from the upcoming World Cup and Olympics.