Matildas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matildas

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
yes, sponsors only have stadium naming rights for specific sports or tournaments.
Cheers. Makes sense after listening to the Lords of Soccer podcast which is essentially a 10 part series on FIFA corruption.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Cheers. Makes sense after listening to the Lords of Soccer podcast which is essentially a 10 part series on FIFA corruption.

Not really a corruption issue here JB if that's what you are suggesting - different sponsors for A-league, NRL, Asian Champions League and Women's World Cup. Different markets, different sponsors.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Not really a corruption issue here JB if that's what you are suggesting - different sponsors for A-league, NRL, Asian Champions League and Women's World Cup. Different markets, different sponsors.
Yeah wrong word. Moreso the tight fisted control FIFA have over everything.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah wrong word. Moreso the tight fisted control FIFA have over everything.

and mens 20/20 world cup matches are being played at "Kardinia Park" instead of GMHBA and "Bellerive Oval" instead of Blundstone.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
More tickets sold in 1 day of last weeks pre-sale than the first week of sales for France 2019.

The regular sale is open now. get your tickets while you can, because they won't last long. I'm tipping every game in Australia will sell out.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Great stuff man, liking the 6 game package in Melbourne.
Category 1 avg $50 a game not too bad. Category 2 $35 a game, category 3 $23 a game, pretty good value whatever package you get.
We're going to the Matilda's v Sweden game there next month, should be a good one, U going? :unsure:
I'll see you there!

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I'm not buying World Cup tickets until the AFL draw gets released, likely to be Thursday-Friday. 8-9 December.
Any interstate games in Queensland I go annually, so I don't want them to be during the Women's World Cup.
Or if they are, then I might look into seeing who I can see play up there, the Matilda's from memory play group games once in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
More tickets sold in 1 day of last weeks pre-sale than the first week of sales for France 2019.

The regular sale is open now. get your tickets while you can, because they won't last long. I'm tipping every game in Australia will sell out.
Stadium tickets for Melbourne have sold out. I assume (hope) there will be more tickets available once the draw comes out.

• Wow

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not buying World Cup tickets until the AFL draw gets released, likely to be Thursday-Friday. 8-9 December.
Any interstate games in Queensland I go annually, so I don't want them to be during the Women's World Cup.
Or if they are, then I might look into seeing who I can see play up there, the Matilda's from memory play group games once in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne.

Geez mate, there will never be another WWC in Australia in our lifetime.

Stadium tickets for Melbourne have sold out. I assume (hope) there will be more tickets available once the draw comes out.

FIFA are known for drip feeding tickets. don't forget there will be tens of thousands of supporters of international teams wanting tickets. Team specific tickets for the other teams and single match passes come out on November 1 (October 25 if you have a visa card).

My dilemma is what to do about the round of 16.

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
FIFA are known for drip feeding tickets. don't forget there will be tens of thousands of supporters of international teams wanting tickets. Team specific tickets for the other teams and single match passes come out on November 1 (October 25 if you have a visa card).

Yeah, I will keep an eye out. Pretty keen to get to a game or 3. I dont have a Visa card unfortunately, might have to check who does!

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Geez mate, there will never be another WWC in Australia in our lifetime.

To Brodders as well, yes this Saturday - 5.30pm our time - they are doing the draw live I believe from NZ.

Then next week - Tuesday, 25 October - Tickets are going on sale to VISA Card owners, if you've got a visa card get on and buy, if you haven't sorry aye.

That's what I am kind of waiting for because I want to see who's playing where and when.

Eg. I work with a few Filipinos and would be great if they played a game or two in Melbourne and I could go see them with them :)

Last edited:

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Sam Kerr - 3rd in the Womens Ballon d'Or last night

very nice. congratulations

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
To Brodders as well, yes this Saturday - 5.30pm our time - they are doing the draw live I believe from NZ.

Then next week - Tuesday, 25 October - Tickets are going on sale to VISA Card owners, if you've got a visa card get on and buy, if you haven't sorry aye.

That's what I am kind of waiting for because I want to see who's playing where and when.

Eg. I work with a few Filipinos and would be great if they played a game or two in Melbourne and I could go see them with them :)
yeah, ive got a visa sorted, and will definitely be trying to get online on Tuesday to get to a few games.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Quite a tough draw for Australia in Group B. Canada, Ireland and Nigeria. That 3rd game against Canada in Melbourne on 31st July should be a full house. Will look and see if I can get tickets when they go on sale on Tuesday.

England have a tough draw too. No games in Melbourne unfortunately. Maybe I'll head to Brisbane for their 1st game and see if some family want to come too.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Quite a tough draw for Australia in Group B. Canada, Ireland and Nigeria. That 3rd game against Canada in Melbourne on 31st July should be a full house. Will look and see if I can get tickets when they go on sale on Tuesday.

England have a tough draw too. No games in Melbourne unfortunately. Maybe I'll head to Brisbane for their 1st game and see if some family want to come too.
It was given the "group of death" label. Ireland and Nigeria are ranked 30+ and 40+ in the world. If we cant finish in the top 2 of the group we shouldnt be blaming "tough opposition".

maybe take a punt and book the rd of 16 game in Brisbane- fair chance to be Aust v England i reckon.

im hoping to get tix to Aust v Canada and maybe Germany v Morocco or 1 of the rd of 16 games.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It was given the "group of death" label. Ireland and Nigeria are ranked 30+ and 40+ in the world. If we cant finish in the top 2 of the group we shouldnt be blaming "tough opposition".

maybe take a punt and book the rd of 16 game in Brisbane- fair chance to be Aust v England i reckon.

im hoping to get tix to Aust v Canada and maybe Germany v Morocco or 1 of the rd of 16 games.

Yeah I was thinking about that round of 16 game but its a bit difficult with my kids being as both will be in school. Its a shame that Melbourne doesn't have more games.

I might take a punt on the quarter final at Stadium Australia, fair chance 1 of Australia / England could be playing in it. (1 of them will if they play that last 16 round game against each other). Its on a Saturday night in Sydney so would work well.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ticket prices are actually really good. I'm now also considering World Cup final tickets.

Cat 1 tickets (and I might go Cat 2) are $120 for an adult. Thats actually really reasonable. Compare that to prices for the AFL Grand final.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The draw was conducted last Saturday, and we have drawn the following teams:

TODAY.jpg

Pretty tough draw tbh. we recently lost to Canada at home in a couple of friendlies (although our form has improved a bit since). But at least the biggest game of the group is in Melbourne.

Presale for individual matches go on sale midday today for visa card holders. I have listed the full schedule in the link below. We could be playing England in the Round of 16, which would be huge.

I've decided I'm gonna buy tix for both matches 53 and 54, go to the one we play in and sell the other. I'm also gonna buy a ticket to match 52, being in Melbourne.

FYI, the Matildas friendly against Sweden in Melbourne on November 12 is nearly sold out.