Matildas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matildas

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The FIFA ticketing website is slower than Ticketek!!

Been on since 12, I'll be into the ticketing system in 10 mins.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Got through.

I have tickets to Match 35 - Englands 1st game
Match 54 - Potentially England v Australia (I hope)
Match 60 - Potentially England or Australias quarter final
Match 64 - Final in Sydney

Keep going back in trying to get tickets to the Australia v Canada game in Melbourne, its not giving me 3 tickets together, so assume could be down to single seats etc.

Does anyone know if the pre-sale was only a proportion of seats, and the rest will be released on 1st November so I might get another chance next week?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Keep going back in trying to get tickets to the Australia v Canada game in Melbourne, its not giving me 3 tickets together, so assume could be down to single seats etc.

Does anyone know if the pre-sale was only a proportion of seats, and the rest will be released on 1st November so I might get another chance next week?

Not giving me any Cat 1,2 or 3 options anymore. Only wheelchair access so whatever tickets were on sale look to be sold out. Will have to hope to get another crack at it on the 1st.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not giving me any Cat 1,2 or 3 options anymore. Only wheelchair access so whatever tickets were on sale look to be sold out. Will have to hope to get another crack at it on the 1st.
i reckon all seats are sold- i doubt they are keeping any. I was trying to get 2, but waited from 12, got in about 12:40 been trying since but it hasnt let me buy any.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
i reckon all seats are sold- i doubt they are keeping any. I was trying to get 2, but waited from 12, got in about 12:40 been trying since but it hasnt let me buy any.

Pretty much identical timing to me. I just wonder if they only had a set of tickets for sale in the pre-sale (as its still a pre-sale) so maybe holding tickets back for general sale. Will give it another crack on the 1st, otherwise I might go to another game in Melbourne. Maybe try 1 of the last 16 games (probably will need to be 1h vs 2F as I'll be in Brisbane the day before).

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Pretty much identical timing to me. I just wonder if they only had a set of tickets for sale in the pre-sale (as its still a pre-sale) so maybe holding tickets back for general sale. Will give it another crack on the 1st, otherwise I might go to another game in Melbourne. Maybe try 1 of the last 16 games (probably will need to be 1h vs 2F as I'll be in Brisbane the day before).
i stand corrected, there will be more seats available next Tuesday. i imagine it will be like today., and a long wait with tix selling fast.
i got Germany v Morocco, and will probably book one of the rd of 16 games, and then hope to get Matildas tix next week.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
ok, so I have got:

- Australia v Ireland (Sydney, July 20)
- Australia v Nigeria (Brisbane, July 27)
- Canada v Australia (Melbourne, July 31)
- Match 52, Round of 16: 1G v 2E (Melbourne, August 6).
- *** Match 53, Round of 16: 1B v 2D (Sydney, August 7).
- *** Match 54, Round of 16: 1D v 2B (Brisbane, August 7).
- Match 64: Final (Sydney, August 20).

*** The Matildas will be playing in either Match 53 or 54, so I will go to one and sell the ticket for the other game. As stated in my last post, very good possibility our round of 16 game will be against England.

100% there will be more tix available for the general sale next Tuesday. But expect the Canada game to sell like hotcakes.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
took advantage of the Jetstar “Return for Free” special yesterday. Brisbane return for $140 and Sydney return for $110.

• Love

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Not sure if the extra tickets have gone on sale yet but no tickets coming up for me for the Canada / Matildas match

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Not sure if the extra tickets have gone on sale yet but no tickets coming up for me for the Canada / Matildas match
doesnt look like any more have been released- all the same games still say low availability.
I'll keep trying a bit longer- but we might have missed out.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
doesnt look like any more have been released- all the same games still say low availability.
I'll keep trying a bit longer- but we might have missed out.

Yeah looks like its sold out. My daughter did say she was ok with me taking 1 for the team as wheelchair access was still available, but I'm not sure I want to go quite that much haha.

• Haha

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Looks like more tickets were released- they just forgot to tell people when-

more tickets on sale in April.

"Why didn't the AUS-NZ organising committee coordinate on the ticket release times with FIFA and insist on a strong marketing campaign to let locals know when to buy tickets?" one social media user asked."

Why would you need a strong marketing campaign if ticket demand is so high? I don’t see the logic. You were just not organised enough my friend.

FYI, I just jumped on and there are tickets available for Matildas v Nigeria in Brisbane.

For games in Melbourne, you can still get tix for Nigeria v Canada, Germany v Morocco, Jamaica v Brazil, and the second Round of 16 game on August 8.

Also noted that every game at Hindmarsh has no tix available. I know its only a small stadium that holds about 17,000, but its still a good effort considering there are no Matildas games there.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
"Why didn't the AUS-NZ organising committee coordinate on the ticket release times with FIFA and insist on a strong marketing campaign to let locals know when to buy tickets?" one social media user asked."

Why would you need a strong marketing campaign if ticket demand is so high? I don’t see the logic. You were just not organised enough my friend.

FYI, I just jumped on and there are tickets available for Matildas v Nigeria in Brisbane.

For games in Melbourne, you can still get tix for Nigeria v Canada, Germany v Morocco, Jamaica v Brazil, and the second Round of 16 game on August 8.

Also noted that every game at Hindmarsh has no tix available. I know its only a small stadium that holds about 17,000, but its still a good effort considering there are no Matildas games there.
it was pretty ordinary that the ticket release time wasnt advertised. i, along with many others, assumed it would again be 12pm Vic time, but instead it opened some stage overnight.

My boy and I are going to Germany V Morocco and the 2nd rd of 16 game. Will try again for the Matildas game in April, otherwise might try for Jamaica Brazil.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Matildas were great for me in the second half after the disappointment of the Tigs

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
it was pretty ordinary that the ticket release time wasnt advertised. i, along with many others, assumed it would again be 12pm Vic time, but instead it opened some stage overnight.

My boy and I are going to Germany V Morocco and the 2nd rd of 16 game. Will try again for the Matildas game in April, otherwise might try for Jamaica Brazil.
Silly trying to sell them a few weeks before the Men's World Cup. Maybe wait until Jan/Feb next year when you have clearer air.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Had a look at the draw and the Round of 16 games are likely to be

06 August – Sweden v Netherlands
08 August – Germany v France/Brazil

They definitely look like some beauty's aye :)
Some of you blokes nailed it with your tickets!!

On another note, went to that game last weekend and was a bit surprised by the standard. It was better live than I thought I would see.

Didn't feel like I was watching an inferior brand, I've watched a thousand games live from local league, NSL, A-League, International's and that was more enjoyable than heaps of games I've seen the men play.

And our group of 10 - men, women, kids - all had a great time and I'm definitely sold in seeing the Matilda's again in Melbourne.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
On another note, went to that game last weekend and was a bit surprised by the standard. It was better live than I thought I would see.

I would say the same about the A-League. We get more respect overseas than we do in Oz.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
I would say the same about the A-League. We get more respect overseas than we do in Oz.
Agree, it's not the EPL but who is?

Look at countries like USA with money and population, Mexico is five times bigger than us, Japan as well. For our size we do okay, no one seems to bear in mind it's probably our 3rd/4th football code followed here, pick if soccer or union are 3rd/4th but most of the talent here gets taken from the two biggest football codes.

If you looked at most other countries they'd have one, maybe two football codes taking the talent, the UK probably one of the only ones with three.

We do alright for the above factors, one day we might take off, let's hope we get too see it man :eyes

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Our best players are great, our middle and borderline players make a few too many easy mistakes i reckon.
hopefully as more and more of the younger players come through we will be able to put a stronger 11 on the pitch, and the depth will mean we wont lose as much when we are missing players.