Matildas | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matildas

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
As soon as they got that free kick with 30 seconds to go the writing was on the wall

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
If we don't survive the first round then suspect that in years to come the coach sacking will stand as one of the oddest occurrences ever.

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
Defence seems lost since the coaching change. Lucky we didn't cop a few more goals.

Matildas competitive v Brazil over the last few years but hard to see how they'll hold them at bay, given the defensive displays of the last fortnight. Could be ugly.

Kudos to young Carpenter, far & away our best last night. A few more like her sorely needed.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
TigerForce said:
So why is Grigga mentioned in the text/comment? Wrong picture? ;D

Yeah that's well ou of date, thanks for the heads-up. Before Shed I had a picture of my dog. Before that was grigga.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
antman said:
Yeah that's well ou of date, thanks for the heads-up. Before Shed I had a picture of my dog. Before that was grigga.

:hihi

Maybe I should update mine. Too much pressure on Tommy.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Absolute disaster to sack Stajic over what seemed to be a storm in a teacup. Now we've got the team that was beating Brazil, and seen as a real threat to go deep and maybe win it, playing a new style with a high line and no fast breaks struggling bigtime.

Absolute balls-up.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Good fighting win last night against Brazil after being two goals down late in the first half. Hustled and got a late goal in first half injury time to give us a chance.

Milicic has them playing Ange Postecoglou style - keep possession, play out from the back, slow build up, etc etc. All very nice, but same thing as with the Socceroos, both of Brazil's goals on fast breaks after limited possession.

But surely Ant, 3-2 is a great win? Typical Matildas grit, and well, yeah, we played OK in the second half but both of our goals were very lucky. One, a long pass in totally misread by the Brazil defence, squeezed through for a goal. Second, a defensive header own goal with Kerr in an offside possession. You could argue that she affected play, but we got away with it.

Kerr is really stinking it up too - but I think this is because our slow build=up doesn't suit her fast game.

We'll likely beat Jamaica and go through, but I can't see us winning the thing with this game style.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
antman said:
Good fighting win last night against Brazil after being two goals down late in the first half. Hustled and got a late goal in first half injury time to give us a chance.

Milicic has them playing Ange Postecoglou style - keep possession, play out from the back, slow build up, etc etc. All very nice, but same thing as with the Socceroos, both of Brazil's goals on fast breaks after limited possession.

But surely Ant, 3-2 is a great win? Typical Matildas grit, and well, yeah, we played OK in the second half but both of our goals were very lucky. One, a long pass in totally misread by the Brazil defence, squeezed through for a goal. Second, a defensive header own goal with Kerr in an offside possession. You could argue that she affected play, but we got away with it.

Kerr is really stinking it up too - but I think this is because our slow build=up doesn't suit her fast game.

We'll likely beat Jamaica and go through, but I can't see us winning the thing with this game style.

Interesting take Ant, thanks.