Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Has played a full season thus far in WAFL...could he roll out for Dreamtime??

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Give me one Parker over three nathan freemen anyday

Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Don't mind this pick from the perspective of plenty of talent just needs urgency files. Perfect speculative pick
Put him an environment with his buddies in Shai and Pickett and a strong indigenous culture at the club plus Sth Freo royalty in MRJ...go well Matt

Reactions: 4 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Yep. Not a small forward in the traditional sense.

He’s played a lot on the wing at SF and I suspect that’s what we’ll do with him unlike those duds at the Aints who used him as a third marking forward.

Played 17 games in his first year and then had a nasty ankle and only played 2 in 2020. Understand he struggled a bit with hub life too.

If in fact we do intend playing him on a wing it would signal the end for Naish.
Like to have a goal kicking wingman on the opposite wing to Kmac, reckon we might use him as high forward , definitely ads something different to our forward line

Reactions: 3 users

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Put him an environment with his buddies in Shai and Pickett and a strong indigenous culture at the club plus Sth Freo royalty in MRJ...go well Matt
Anyway to keep shai around at the club for maybe a little less? Cunning like a fox is dimma

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Completely fine with this pick. Just had a Saints supporting mate message me saying he’s filthy about him coming to us and that he can see him playing really well in our system. Fees he should never have been delisted in the first place.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Ghost of 29

Aug 16, 2008
Give me one Parker over three nathan freemen anyday
Completely different players. Reckon like Marlion we will be equally enthralled and groaning in despair in the same game with Matt. As long as he cracks in hard and competes like a lunatic I will cheer him on.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I actually like this pick, believe he is good mates with Marlion? saw them arrive together at a VFL game a couple of seasons ago at Sandi.

X-factor, speed and nice height, if he has matured could be a great get.

Will certainly fit into the Brotherhood at Tigerland.

**Edited to include Parker and Pickett are ex team-mates:

X-Factor, speed and a nice height. Bolton Mark 11?
I can almost see you dribbling

• Haha

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I heard Brereton speak about him when he was doing a bit of work at the Saints. ... from memory, said he had fantastic skills and was also a ripping bloke. He's one of ours now so I wish him well.

Reactions: 7 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Completely different players. Reckon like Marlion we will be equally enthralled and groaning in despair in the same game with Matt. As long as he cracks in hard and competes like a lunatic I will cheer him on.

Despair? Suggest a viewing of the 2019 GF is in order to brighten spirits.

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Yep. Not a small forward in the traditional sense.

He’s played a lot on the wing at SF and I suspect that’s what we’ll do with him unlike those duds at the Aints who used him as a third marking forward.

Played 17 games in his first year and then had a nasty ankle and only played 2 in 2020. Understand he struggled a bit with hub life too.

If in fact we do intend playing him on a wing it would signal the end for Naish.
naish who?

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Apparently came from nowhere in amateurs onto South Freo's list. Played 27 games there before going to St Kilda for 19 games in 2 years (ankle injury). Back at South for 7 games this season (stats below). Hasn't played a lot of footy or exposed to a great development system. I'd say this is a perfect Richmond moneyball pick.
parker.png

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Just went through the highlights. An extrovert. Some OTT celebrations. A bit annoying. A tad un-Richmondy. Talent is there. Leap. Speed. Hardness. Loves a goal. But the noggin... clearly that was the question. If it has been sorted, or if we can sort it, could be good player.