Matthew Parker | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Parker

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
He might not be up to it in the end but we need a mid size forward that can run tackle, leap , have some midfield time and kick goals.
I'd like to see him tried in a run-with role, where the aim is to make life hell for the likes of Cripps, Bontompelli or Oliver. We seem to have a huge and predictable problem with oppo A-grade midfielders. If you can curb the influence of these guys, that can easily translate into two less goals for them, and two more for us. Convince me otherwise.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Looks like he might be out injured for a while. Ended up on crutches after yesterdays VFL game.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like he might be out injured for a while. Ended up on crutches after yesterdays VFL game.
Watched the rest of the VFL game and the commentators just mentioned a possible hip issue. Looked like a 100 year old hunching in the team song after the game.

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
There was a theory coming into 2022 that forward defensive pressure didn't work any more.

Parker took his place in the swarm. And the swarm got results. Unfortunately Parker kept getting the ball and we all saw what happened.

We're still working on this. Because the Matthew Parker experiment was interesting.

What if we get George to play high in the swarm and hit up in the air and get a new low pressure forward? (MRJ)

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Has retired from RFC
Heading back home to WA for family reasons

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has retired from RFC
Heading back home to WA for family reasons
It can't be denied that Mat had a fair dinkum crack, his foot skills let him down.

All the best to him and his family.

Reactions: 13 users

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
All the best to him but could never understand this pick and then to offer him a contract. In reality was just a slightly taller George. Real waste. Could easily have given the spot to the Italian boy that went to Bombers who's name escapes me now.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
All the best to him but could never understand this pick and then to offer him a contract. In reality was just a slightly taller George. Real waste. Could easily have given the spot to the Italian boy that went to Bombers who's name escapes me now.
Wrong draft.
Parker was 2021

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Yeah, a couple of good patches but always looked like a stretch to make it at AFL level.

You can't deny his tenacity and willingness to work to try and make the grade.

Good luck to him, maybe he will play in the WAFL, he'd do well there I reckon.

DS

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Did some high level AFL stuff but was mixed in with too much low level VFL stuff. One of those players you want to do well because they give 100%. Good luck to him.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
I never watched him and thought, “he’s not giving his all, or there was more in the tank” he genuinely had a crack… had his limitations, but still made AFL grade twice and no one can deny him that. Best wishes for him and his family

Reactions: 5 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
thanks Matty .i loved watching you play .........hard at it .a real team player .good luck back at home with the family

Reactions: 1 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
4 weeks out from the end of the home and away season and we've got the announcements coming through already. Clearing the way for some bigger retirements yet to come perhaps? Will be interesting to see how they are time managed if there are multiple. A distraction or help for our last gasp finals tilt?

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
It sounds like we a mathematically our of the Finals race - will be tough but these are Round 22/23 type announcements.

Caddy - Lambert - Parker. A couple more retire, a couple more delisted. I would suspect that takes us to 7-8 that will be removed from the list. Plus whoever we loose come trade time.

That would allow us to do something like this postseason
- Trade 2 in
-Draft 4 in
- Pre Season Draft
- one spot free,

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
All the best to Matty Parker. Sad to see players who give their all leave the club. Wasn't the best but still an X-factor as he also showed at the Aints. Pickett's best mate hopefully doesn't start a domino effect of returning to WA.

Reactions: 1 users