Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
An article in the AGE today about Maurice JNR for those that want to go check it out. Positive article, they did say he is no speed Demon, (are they being polite and mean slow?). Anyway we have a 3 year wait to see if he makes it. Don't think SNR was quick by the way, he just weaved his magic and they couldn't touch him.

Reactions: 1 user
E

easy_tiger

enjoyed the article immensely ;D

15 disposals as a 14 yo, against the best kids a year older is pretty impressive.

The kid would be under some pressure/expectation given his old man's CV.

go son.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/maurice-rioli-junior-shapes-as-a-fatherson-prospect-for-richmond-tigers-20170612-gwp9lk.html

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Must have only 6-7 when his dad sadly passed away in 2010. 2020 isn't that far away. Will only be 3-4 yeas behind the current young mosquito fleet. Long way to go but possibly some father sons to shine in the yellow and black with Naish almost certain to be picked up in this years draft.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I read that last night. Good to see they've deleted the reference to Maurice being a "pivotal" part of the 1980 flag. ::)

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Poor kid. Is this a PRE record? A dedicated thread for a 14yo ?

E

easy_tiger

Baloo said:
Poor kid. Is this a PRE record? A dedicated thread for a 14yo ?

isnt there a thread for Richo's yet-to-be-conceived embryos?

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Smoking Aces said:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/maurice-rioli-junior-shapes-as-a-fatherson-prospect-for-richmond-tigers-20170612-gwp9lk.html

Thanks Smoking

E

easy_tiger

scottyturnerscurse said:
Will also be eligible for Fremantle under F/S.

nah someone smart explained hes not. All ours

Baloo said:
They might be girls

Im sure little richo girls would make the world better too

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
scottyturnerscurse said:
Will also be eligible for Fremantle under F/S.

I don't think so.
FS qualification under the old rules ran out for Freo as from 31st October 2015. 20 years from the expansion clubs inception.
Then a FS must qualify for games played for Freo (not the affiliated clubs prior to this 20 year rule)
Maurice didn't play any games for Freo so Jr is ours if he sees fit to nominate us

*Until 31 October 2015, Fremantle could select any player whose father has made 150 WAFL appearances prior to 1995 for East Fremantle, South Fremantle, Perth or Swan Districts.*

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Get more Riolis, Richos, Rances and Riewoldt. Basically, use every second draft pick on guys whose surname begins with R.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
TOT70 said:
Get more Riolis, Richos, Rances and Riewoldt. Basically, use every second draft pick on guys whose surname begins with R.

Roach, Rawlings, Raines, Relton Roberts