Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
tigertim said:
Not according to this list:

2019 OAKLEIGH CHARGERS LIST

5. Trent Bianco (Doncaster)
my young bloke played with this kid. Gun.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
evo said:
my young bloke played with this kid. Gun.

Where is your young blokes Evo? He was floating around these squads wasn't he? Hope he's doing well mate.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
SCOOP said:
Where is your young blokes Evo? He was floating around these squads wasn't he? Hope he's doing well mate.
he played at Doncaster then did a shoulder and lost a bit of interest unfortunately. Might go to Balwyn if I can fire him up.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Couple of articles mentioning MRJ, named in the bests V Tassie

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125251207&c=1-3020-0-518307-0&pool=1

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-draft-2019-pick-1-top-10-prospects-order-afl-draft-watch-matt-rowell-mitch-oneill-jeremy-sharp/news-story/dadc2fcd81eaae9e30f240097fbbd903

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
taztiger4 said:
Couple of articles mentioning MRJ, named in the bests V Tassie

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=125251207&c=1-3020-0-518307-0&pool=1

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-draft-2019-pick-1-top-10-prospects-order-afl-draft-watch-matt-rowell-mitch-oneill-jeremy-sharp/news-story/dadc2fcd81eaae9e30f240097fbbd903

I watched the game live and I certainly wouldn't have had MJR in the best, and only 13 disposals indicates to me people must have rose coloured glasses on when they view a Rioli if that is enough to be named in best.
I knew he was small but only stands at 171cm according to article, strange as 12 months ago it was mentioned he was 175cm, either way a midget and lacks pace and endurance at present.
Agree with a poster earlier in this thread that people need to temper their expectations on MJR.

Look he may turn out to be a ripper but people need to have realistic expectations.

look forward to other people's views once they see MJR play.

JoMamma

Tiger Rookie
Oct 4, 2004
caesar said:
I watched the game live and I certainly wouldn't have had MJR in the best, and only 13 disposals indicates to me people must have rose coloured glasses on when they view a Rioli if that is enough to be named in best.
I knew he was small but only stands at 171cm according to article, strange as 12 months ago it was mentioned he was 175cm, either way a midget and lacks pace and endurance at present.
Agree with a poster earlier in this thread that people need to temper their expectations on MJR.

Look he may turn out to be a ripper but people need to have realistic expectations.

Stood next to him after the Collingwood game. Looked more 175-177cm than 171cm.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
JoMamma said:
Stood next to him after the Collingwood game. Looked more 175-177cm than 171cm.

If i had MRJ's hair instead of being bald I would be 168cm instead of 163cm ;D

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
caesar said:

2nd all of this. That said at the same age Daniel wasn't much of a stand out either. We will pick him if he's the worst player in Australia with a pedigree like that.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
We will pick him if he's the worst player in Australia with a pedigree like that.
Way to early for anyone to be fussin over MRJ not being a champion already, he's under age n got all this year n next to present his credentials. More than happy to consider him with our fourth or fifth pick as a F/S if he's not quite tearing the competition apart next year.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Was talking to someone this morning who has been involved in coaching him , ex AFL player ,

While he didnt say anything too negative ,he was being diplomatic , lets just say it wasnt overly glowing either ,

positives were he goes in hard ,

negatives were , his body shape , and shows glimpses of good stuff , but its not often enough to get carried away ,

Said his advice to richmond supporters ATM would be to cool your jets and not expect too much ,

Said the next Naish , Xavier probably wont play AFL, but the youngest Charlie is looking very good and the best of the 3 at the same age.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
kiwitiger said:
Said the next Naish , Xavier probably wont play AFL, but the youngest Charlie is looking very good and the best of the 3 at the same age.

The young Naish boy and the young Broderick boy are showing plenty of potential.
Both very young and not draft age for another 4-5 years.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
kiwitiger said:
Was talking to someone this morning who has been involved in coaching him , ex AFL player ,

While he didnt say anything too negative ,he was being diplomatic , lets just say it wasnt overly glowing either ,

negatives were , his body shape , and shows glimpses of good stuff , but its not often enough to get carried away ,

Said his advice to richmond supporters ATM would be to cool your jets and not expect too much ,

This is what I have been saying in my observations.

E

easy_tiger

kiwitiger said:

This clown obviously has no insight into how a genetic dynasty actually works

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
kiwitiger said:

Hang on wasn't Xavier ment to be better than Patrick?