Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The youngest brother is always the best. Gary Ablett Sr, Travis Cloke, Chris Daniher, Trevor Chappell, Danny Waugh, Whathisface Hoolahoop...

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Mr Brightside said:
Pity we haven’t got accesss to his cousin , his a 6/4 ruckman at 15

Mrs Naish isn’t overly tall but her brothers are around 6’4.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
kiwitiger said:
Was talking to someone this morning who has been involved in coaching him , ex AFL player ,

While he didnt say anything too negative ,he was being diplomatic , lets just say it wasnt overly glowing either ,

positives were he goes in hard ,

negatives were , his body shape , and shows glimpses of good stuff , but its not often enough to get carried away ,

Said his advice to richmond supporters ATM would be to cool your jets and not expect too much ,

Said the next Naish , Xavier probably wont play AFL, but the youngest Charlie is looking very good and the best of the 3 at the same age.

No surprise on MRj. I saw him play last year for Scotch and if he seriously harbours ambitions to play AFL he will need to knuckle down at the end of the football season and start to change his body shape.

Between the Scotch footy guys and the Tigers he will be afforded every opportunity to do so if he wishes.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He's what, 17 y.o. this year?
Haven't seen the kid bar a couple of pics on here, but it could be that he's a Cyril shape rather than a Daniel shape, little bit chunky. Still got all this year n next year to do some growing n shaping out hasn't he.

Turbo

Tiger Cub
Jan 3, 2019
easy said:
This clown obviously has no insight into how a genetic dynasty actually works
look at the body shape of willie before he went to the eagles he looked like he swallowed a turtle look at him now

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Turbo said:
look at the body shape of willie before he went to the eagles he looked like he swallowed a turtle look at him now

I try not to think about shapes of Willie's, let alone swallowing

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
An article in the AGE today about Maurice JNR for those that want to go check it out. Positive article, they did say he is no speed Demon, (are they being polite and mean slow?). Anyway we have a 3 year wait to see if he makes it. Don't think SNR was quick by the way, he just weaved his magic and they couldn't touch him.
Maurice wasn't quick either,it's their amazing agility that made him so good.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Maurice wasn't quick either,it's their amazing agility that made him so good.

You've picked out a very old 2017 post there jokershoppe, I have watched MJR live in two games very early in the season and were so underwhelmed I am not following his progress anymore. Looked unfit and slow surprising considering he has the advantage of now being in an elite pathway with APS & Oakleigh Charges.
All very silent on the footy airwaves about him too.

I would love it if some junior watcher out there could offer an opinion to the contrary.

I hope someone flags this post in 18 months time to show how little i know about football;)

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
You've picked out a very old 2017 post there jokershoppe, I have watched MJR live in two games very early in the season and were so underwhelmed I am not following his progress anymore. Looked unfit and slow surprising considering he has the advantage of now being in an elite pathway with APS & Oakleigh Charges.

I would love it if some junior watcher out there could offer an opinion to the contrary.

I hope someone flags this post in 18 months time to show how little i know about football;)

I think he may have played an u18 champs game NT V Queensland and had 5 touches? not certain but think so. he'd be pretty bottom age u18 wouldn't he

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne

Watched an u18 NT game and saw nothing suggesting AFL quality , right at this stage , very late pick or rookie

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Watched an u18 NT game and saw nothing suggesting AFL quality , right at this stage , very late pick or rookie
Matt Clarke on the afl.com.au podcast doesn’t give you much confidence. Diplomatically said he’s out of shape and they’re not putting any pressure or expectations on him. Your call may be about right the way he’s tracking

Reactions: 1 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
The heart is saying that we've told him to tank so that we can draft a top 10 pick in the rookie draft.

The head is saying that his name has created ridiculously high expectations that he'll never be able to fulfil.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The heart is saying that we've told him to tank so that we can draft a top 10 pick in the rookie draft.

The head is saying that his name has created ridiculously high expectations that he'll never be able to fulfil.
I know there's something in the wake of your smile
I get a notion from the look in your eyes, yea
You've built a love but that love falls apart
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark

Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart there's nothing else you can do

I don't know where you're going and I don't know why,
But listen to your heart before you tell him goodbye
Sometimes you wonder if this fight is worthwhile
The precious moments are all lost in the tide, yea
They're swept away and nothing is what is seems,
The feeling of belonging to your dreams