Maurice JNR

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
2020 draft picks are worth just about nothing after the 1st round and there is no chance you want to risk not taking a Rioli and having it come back to bite you in the 455.

tigermike

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 6, 2014
The next 12m is important stage of his development , Daniel bloomed late
I believe he is 17 now and so he'll only be 18 this time next year. Each year is important only in terms of seeing progress and making sure he keeps enjoying the game without any pressure to be a star performer in 12 months time.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lot of people been fussin for a lot of years over whether Junior will b good enough firstly to b drafted n then how big an impact he will have immediately.
I'm happy enough to trust the club to give full consideration toward drafting him, at a reasonably appropriate price and then developing him up to the required standard for senior footy by the time he's 20 / 21 years old. Way to much rushin n hurryin. Like good booze, the best footballers need time to mature n develop a while before ya get all the flavours instead of just hints n promises.
Kid seems to have enough talent at junior level footy, but there's a massive amount of work to be done to achieve and then b good at senior level footy in the elite comp.
Just gotta put the Maurice pot on the back burner, turn things down low n let 'em simmer quietly for a long while before anyone knows how tasty he will b. We've had Daniel playing four years with us now n there were still plenty of discussions as to whether he was doing enough for senior footy or should be relegated to the ressies this year.

Reactions: 1 user

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Reckon we’ll get him pretty cheap and he’ll turn into a star. It’s meant to be imo.

Reactions: 1 user

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
TM’s right draft MR jun F/S Nov 2020 then be prepared to spend the time & effort to develop him,no rush.
The knock as I understand it is Pace or lack of it.Remember Maurice wasn’t quick,but he was smart & agile & virtually untackleable.
Give MRj every opportunity to make the Grade,we owe Maurice that much.