Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
who won the BOG?

I suspect No.20 for tigers who kicked 5 ripper goals, or maybe Wilson for the tigers who was very damaging (plays exactly like Peter Wilson ex Richmond WC).

But I'd give it to Jake Long by a mile

although I suspect its his disposal efficiency which has him playing up there and not AFL?

He gets a shitload of it, finds space, but turns it over way too often

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
what, you reckon Josh Caddy would beat every every Nightcliff backman over 20m?

MRJ was burning them and you could see their anxiety trying to stop him, grab his jumper, trip him, block him.

by my reckoning, he is blisteringly explosive. at least when theres a footy around

I were responding to Smoking Joe saying that jnr will be the quickest on our list, will be quick enough but will stick to my guns that he is not lightning, roving the pack at the right moment can give a bit of a false impression of speed.
You are correct whatever pace he has got at the moment is explosive and limited to 20m.
Did you notice when he manned up on Wilson on the wing he was left in his dust.
Just playing devil's advocate here as some people are believing that commentators hype that at this stage of his journey Jnr is tracking ahead of Daniel & Willieo_O.
That said I have seen Jnr play live once in 2018 & once in 2019 where conditioning was not so great but seeing him live at training 2020 & in this game his body shape and movement has improved markedly.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I were responding to Smoking Joe saying that jnr will be the quickest on our list, will be quick enough but will stick to my guns that he is not lightning, roving the pack at the right moment can give a bit of a false impression of speed.
You are correct whatever pace he has got at the moment is explosive and limited to 20m.
Just playing devil's advocate here as some people are believing that commentators hype that at this stage of his journey Jnr is tracking ahead of Daniel & Willieo_O.
That said I have seen Jnr play live once in 2018 & once in 2019 where conditioning was not so great but seeing him live at training 2020 & in this game his body shape and movement has improved markedly.

Body shape really starting to resemble the old man's now. Magic wasn't super quick either but created time and space.

I'm very optimistic.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

all very reasonable as usual Caesar.

yeah Wilson is lightening. played a great game.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yep he did look to tired a bit as the game went on. They said he had a stint on the ball late in the game. Fatigue may have crept in.

yeah he cramped up bad in the last. But superman would cramp playing in Darwin in march.

Ive been going on romance on MRJ up to this point. even after his 4 in the prelim, I was unconvinced (but I'd still want to draft him if he was wheelchair bound)

But last night, I saw something pretty *smile* special.

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
If you think I make my opinions on commentators calls your wrong
Make them withe my own eyes
Opinions are made with my eyes not commentators eyes

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Opinions are made with my eyes not commentators eyes

he certainly looked ripping fit and blisteringly fast to my eyes too smoking' Joe.

the other bloke who looked electric quick was black fella no.22

but he butchered just about every ball he got, and dropped an absolute sitter at a crucial moment.

He might be a 16 yo kid bundle of nerves? I dont want to hang him.

anyone watched him longer term? know anything about him? looked mercurial as *smile*, but had a bit of a shocker

smokin joe

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 11, 2004
he certainly looked ripping fit and blisteringly fast to my eyes too smoking' Joe.

the other bloke who looked electric quick was black fella no.22

but he butchered just about every ball he got, and dropped an absolute sitter at a crucial moment.

He might be a 16 yo kid bundle of nerves? I dont want to hang him.

anyone watched him longer term? know anything about him? looked mercurial as ****, but had a bit of a shocker
Yes mate that was Joseph Salmon no 22 all those boys are quick
Maybe I had too many beers last night and that sped them up .
Also liked Jacob Long I believe he was on Essendon list at some stage , could get another chance at an AFL club

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yes mate that was Joseph Salmon no 22 all those boys are quick
Maybe I had too many beers last night and that sped them up .
Also liked Jacob Long I believe he was on Essendon list at some stage , could get another chance at an AFL club

yeah that's him. anyone know how old? I'd had about 12 rums by the time I saw caesars link so it was all bit of a blur too me.

the other Jake Long (the fat one with a beard). went the full knuckle in the last 5 minutes

anyone know who won BOG?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maurice Jnr GF about to start

Thanks for putting that up. Cracking game of old style footy. Gawd there's some footy names in those teams, almost weird wanting the Tigers to win but Maurice jnr to star.
Bloody AFL maggots could take some lessons from the umpiring of this game n learn how to pay the genuine frees that affect the play and the contest n leave the whistle in the pocket for the insignificant incidental touchy feely stuff.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
MODS, can we merge MRJ threads? Im a bit lost
Thanks for putting that up. Cracking game of old style footy. Gawd there's some footy names in those teams, almost weird wanting the Tigers to win but Maurice jnr to star.
Bloody AFL maggots could take some lessons from the umpiring of this game n learn how to pay the genuine frees that affect the play and the contest n leave the whistle in the pocket for the insignificant incidental touchy feely stuff.

jeez I Love your work TM

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
MODS, can we merge MRJ threads? Im a bit lost

jeez I Love your work TM
Any time eZyT, just boogerin around n bein a Tigers fan.

Just on young Jnr's pace. I reckon he's got plenty enough, but so have most small to medium players at AFL level. Best place to have wheels that spin hard is between the ears. Jnr's got plenty of growin and learnin to do coz he's only a youngster, but I've got a feelin the important wheels are there.
Best players in the comp don't need to be the fastest across the ground, they get a massive head start by being quickest between the ears.

Reactions: 4 users

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
on the turtle made me LOL

I great euphemism

Ive always used 'been in a good paddock' but I'm gonna switch to

been on the turtle.

I actually cant wait to pull the trolley up behind a big engine room at the supermarket and whisper to mrs.EZ,

'Jeez, she's been on the turtle'

and take the puzzled hit
You have had some great posts eZyT but that is an absolute pearler.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
What’s it taste like Taz?
Turtle meat is quite lean, not unlike chicken.
However, turtles also come with a sac of greasy fat which is generally viewed as the prize delicacy.
A few of those in the off season would definitely play havoc with the skinfolds.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep I think it was Dean Rioli that said he liked the Turtle too much when he headed back home to the Islands, hence he always came back with some condition on him ha ha ha