Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Maurice wore 27 after he was going to leave in the off season to the Swans, stayed and had a number change, not sure who got 17
Really? I don't remember that at all. What year was that?

I just assumed he wore 17 his whole career at Richmond.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Maurice was nearly poached by Sydney (Edelstein) but the salary cap stopped it so he returned to Tigerland in number 27. I think Mark Eustice wore the 17. Never as good in number 27.
Na, Eustice was no.4. I'm thinking Craig Smith.

Really? I don't remember that at all. What year was that?

I just assumed he wore 17 his whole career at Richmond.
86 or 87, Riddler. My memory says midway through 86?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I can understand a first rounder being under pressure but how does a late rounder/rookie pick put him under pressure?
Maurice, Cyril, Daniel, Willie, Dean..........................MoJo. The name's Rioli, there's gunna be plenty of pressure from the history of the name, plus the pressure of a truck load of old fart Richmond supporters who remember the original Maurice playing n will be sweating on everything the kid does.
Kid's gunna need plenty of support n protection from the rabid hype.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Mo Jo's sister goes ok too, sign her up as a father-daughter.

MAURICE RIOLI'S DAUGHTER DOMINATES NT WIN:

Another standout from the carnival was Maria Rioli.

She's the daughter of the late great Richmond legend Maurice Rioli and today she was absolutely brilliant against ACT.

Rioli kicked seven out of the Northern Territory's nine goals in a 54-point win.

With performances like that, maybe she'll carve out her own football legacy as an AFLW player!
OMG someone's got a camel toe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Maurice, Cyril, Daniel, Willie, Dean..........................MoJo. The name's Rioli, there's gunna be plenty of pressure from the history of the name, plus the pressure of a truck load of old fart Richmond supporters who remember the original Maurice playing n will be sweating on everything the kid does.
Kid's gunna need plenty of support n protection from the rabid hype.
Tiger fans today are very educated on the different roles needed for success, something other clubs along with the media are struggling to really understand.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I reckon mrj should start in dads sth freo number (49 maybe?).

He had a pretty accomplished career there.
I like it & yes an OK carreer in the West
1980 Simpson Medal ( Best on WAFL GF)
1981 Simpson Medal
1982 Normie

BTW, I saw one of his last (if not his last game) in the WAFL, SF lost to the Tigers in the 89 GF

Reckon there was close to 50k that day @ Spewbiaco

Edit, just googled it, over 38k, i woz close !!

Reactions: 2 users

Brooklyn Tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 23, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I can understand a first rounder being under pressure but how does a late rounder/rookie pick put him under pressure?
I was saying we as fans are putting pressure on him already. Not the pick. Looking through this thread people are saying he could be a very early pick. I was just saying i think he was projected to go lot later so we shouldn't put pressure on him to tear the competition apart. Just let him develop.

Reactions: 3 users