Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Yes, raised by Cal Twomey and backed up by Sydney recruiter who said that was the reason the AFL gave as to why he didn't finish.
Fake news surely? although I would not be surprised if Jnr did fail to complete a 2km time trial, where is the link to this fact?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I have a family of plover birds at my warehouse. They are psycho, they stalk you and almost round you up into a corner.

Plover tennis is a sport in my family.

We have never ever hit em and i mow around their eggs and treat them very well

But watching the kids stride into the paddock with a tennis racquet, and try and hit a diving plover down the line,

Is indescribably hilarious.

I cant fathom how a kid from Tiwi from a royal blood line of the most agile athletes could be beaten by plovers???

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I have a family of plover birds at my warehouse. They are psycho, they stalk you and almost round you up into a corner.
Yeah they are shockers those birds. Much worse than magpies in nesting season. Apparently they have a poisonous spur under one of the wings.

Nasty little *smile*.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Apologies as its probably been mentioned before & people are aware, but MRJ is actually Daniel's uncle & not the other way around

I didn't know that

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
It is on the road to the draft. Please don't use the term fake news.

Thanks for direction to story, have now listened but until I see footage of the savage attack :) I find it hard to believe, too convenient for a player that would probably struggle with 2k trial.

larabee

#13!
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Apologies as its probably been mentioned before & people are aware, but MRJ is actually Daniel's uncle & not the other way around

I didn't know that
I think they're second cousins - MRJ is cousin to Daniels' dad Bradley, who is brother to Dean Rioli
Confusing when MRJ hasn't started his career yet when his cousins have either retired - Cyril, Dean - or are already established - Willie Jnr

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I think they're second cousins - MRJ is cousin to Daniels' dad Bradley, who is brother to Dean Rioli
Confusing when MRJ hasn't started his career yet when his cousins have either retired - Cyril, Dean - or are already established - Willie Jnr
Benny Gale said yesterday Junior was Daniels uncle

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
MRJ was born in 2002 and Snr was already 45 years old so its understandable how he is the 'uncle' we also in the turkish community have similar tradition's

My uncle was 19 years old when my mother was born and my uncle already had a 3 year old (was in 1938 and in regional turkey kids got married at 15. No Television there)

So my mother was the aunty of the 3 year old

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
How much damage can these birds do ? Cant say i have ever seen 1 attack a person ever
There’s a nest down at my golf club.
During nesting they’re incredibly protective. They swoop in pairs or numbers and dive at you from fair heights and at decent speeds.
Nothing that a 5 iron can’t fix

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
There’s a nest down at my golf club.
During nesting they’re incredibly protective. They swoop in pairs or numbers and dive at you from fair heights and at decent speeds.
Nothing that a 5 iron can’t fix
Do they actually ever strike or just scare