Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Slow. Hehe. If you don't remember Greg W then Sam M should alleviate your modern prejudices. If he's any good he'll make it.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
seen maurice rioli play most his games and was not very quick at all, but never ever got caught,he had this super tight ability to weave his way through heavy traffic,and dispose of the ball to someone standing on his own some 40-50 metres away, even most the crowd couldn,t see any options from the stands, he would find someone,he had beautifull silky skills and amazing balance,probably one of the top 5 most talented tigers ever, came to richmond in 1982 with a huge reputation and didn,t disapoint anyone, in fact he actually had triple best and fairest winner geof raines , moved from the centre,thats how good maurice was,skill,evasion,vision,balance,he had these in spades.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
scottyturnerscurse said:
I thought it was 150 games at an affiliated WAFL club. Sorry for the poor steer but happy if I am wrong.

def wrong mate, there hold on players from the WAFL expired after 20 years so 2015

loto

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 6, 2004
This article in Perth suggests he is also eligible for FS with Fremantle: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/son-of-late-south-fremantle-richmond-champion-maurice-riolis-promising-start-at-afl-under16-championships/news-story/b245e9ab7a4e8079e672e27d2b95e802

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
loto said:
This article in Perth suggests he is also eligible for FS with Fremantle: http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/son-of-late-south-fremantle-richmond-champion-maurice-riolis-promising-start-at-afl-under16-championships/news-story/b245e9ab7a4e8079e672e27d2b95e802

Their rights to him expired in Oct 2015

"Until 31 October 2015, Fremantle could select any player whose father has made 150 WAFL appearances prior to 1995 for East Fremantle, South Fremantle, Perth or Swan Districts"

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
loto said:
Hun ran the same article in Melbourne this morn, wonder if the journo's forgot to check their facts before going to print? Perhaps just a bit of " fake " news to keep people buzzing.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Doesn't really matter if Freo are eligible or not. If Richmond want Mo Junior there is no way he won't join Dan at Tigerland

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
And like anyone, would love to play afl with his late fathers side. true home of the riolis.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
That eases my mind.

But I don't trust the AFL to change the rules later for the WA sides to get the kid???

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
waiting said:
That eases my mind.

But I don't trust the AFL to change the rules later for the WA sides to get the kid???

Doubt he would go there anyway. Would you go to a club wje re your father was a great, where you could be mentored by your cousin. Or woukd you go to a club your father never played for, on the other side of the country from family and where you would be mentored by Harley Bennell?

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
BrisTiger24 said:
Doubt he would go there anyway. Would you go to a club wje re your father was a great, where you could be mentored by your cousin. Or woukd you go to a club your father never played for, on the other side of the country from family and where you would be mentored by Harley Bennell?
he won't have a choice is he is eligible for another Club & they bid for him.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Jonesracing82 said:
he won't have a choice is he is eligible for another Club & they bid for him.
q

He has a choice if he nominates as a FS. Even multiple clubs, ie Bailey Rice declined to nominate for Carlton but chose the saints.
He isn't eligible for another club as a FS. They can make a bid to make us match though (less our discount) ie Essendon Jack Silvagni

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
As per previous many photos on twitter, already been at the club a heap, Dan is playing there, non issue, if he makes it he's coming home, why be anxious, its done?.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Eases my mind but still suspicious with the AFL.

If that's true that the club has had him done is great.

What happens with the no. Does Rioli hand of his jumper no to Jnr?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
waiting said:
Eases my mind but still suspicious with the AFL.

If that's true that the club has had him done is great.

What happens with the no. Does Rioli hand of his jumper no to Jnr?