Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
spook said:
There was no weaselling away. Essendon could have drafted Cyril and chose David Meyers instead.

Don't see much point squabbling about this, but my mail was that Cyril told the Bummers that he absolutely wanted to go to the Dawks and would be very, very snarkey otherwise. Not sure if he told them he'd sit out his first year though! Whatever, it was enough to deter them. (I reckon Heppell did the same in reverse btw)

I trust Maurice Jnr should be ours, but never trust the Dawks.

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
I saw Maurice Jnr at the club on GF day in the merch shop. He was purchasing some Richmond gear with his family. We had a chat and he told me he visits the club during school holidays.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Popped up on something I saw on Fox Footy. God he looks like Dad. Hope he plays as well.

Pappy

Tiger Rookie
Mar 16, 2013
I saw this too. Young Maurice mentioned that he was a right footer, whereas his father was a left footer, so he’s been practicing his left foot kicks.
Looked eerily like his father also.
There’s a sense of destiny with this kid, as if his future with the club is already planned.
Let’s hope he continues to work hard and make progress on his game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Pappy said:
I saw this too. Young Maurice mentioned that he was a right footer, whereas his father was a left footer, so he’s been practicing his left foot kicks.
Looked eerily like his father also.
There’s a sense of destiny with this kid, as if his future with the club is already planned.
Let’s hope he continues to work hard and make progress on his game.

Fingers crossed lets hope so.

Two Riolis and Shai and Tyson man the Tigers will have opposition pissing their pants.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I heard a NTFL expert asked about Junior on SEN the other day while reporting on last weekend's matches. He said that he'd made a call to his club (forget which one he said) and they will give nothing away about him. They want to keep any pressure off him; I think he implied the Tigers were behind this policy. But they did let on that, as well as being a right-footer, he can take a mark. Apparently can get airborne far more than his dad was inclined.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
DirtyDogTiger said:
Dean Rioli has just tweeted an awesome pic of MRJ

Dean Rioli‏
@DeanoRio
Follow Follow @DeanoRio

DMfOz9nUIAEzcI4.jpg:large

MJ in action. I Wonder if his nephew will hand over the #17 when he arrives at @Richmond_FC

1:38 AM - 19 Oct 2017

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
mad_tiggy911 said:
Is Jnr meant to be any good?

;D

If the look on his face is anything to go by, then I wouldn't want to be a defender lining up on him anytime soon.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
MR junior needs to establish his own number, as D Rioli will continue to wear no 17 for a long time (God willing). Go the Tigers!

WE WON THE GRAND FINAL, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I CAN'T, BUT WE DID! GO RICHMOND! :clap

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maurice wore 17 and 27.

Dan in #17 so Jnr can have #27.

Will work out well when Lloyd moves on as will Naish getting the #6 when Grigg moves on.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Midsy said:
If the look on his face is anything to go by, then I wouldn't want to be a defender lining up on him anytime soon.

So agree. That's what struck me; it's a killer look, very determined. Love it.

But there's also a photo on the AFL site, scroll down through the players holiday pics, showing Dan with a couple of youngsters up in the Tiwis I think. Is that MRJ too on his left?

[Sorry, no good at inserting pics from elsewhere].