Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
The next 12m is important stage of his development , Daniel bloomed late
I believe he is 17 now and so he'll only be 18 this time next year. Each year is important only in terms of seeing progress and making sure he keeps enjoying the game without any pressure to be a star performer in 12 months time.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Lot of people been fussin for a lot of years over whether Junior will b good enough firstly to b drafted n then how big an impact he will have immediately.
I'm happy enough to trust the club to give full consideration toward drafting him, at a reasonably appropriate price and then developing him up to the required standard for senior footy by the time he's 20 / 21 years old. Way to much rushin n hurryin. Like good booze, the best footballers need time to mature n develop a while before ya get all the flavours instead of just hints n promises.
Kid seems to have enough talent at junior level footy, but there's a massive amount of work to be done to achieve and then b good at senior level footy in the elite comp.
Just gotta put the Maurice pot on the back burner, turn things down low n let 'em simmer quietly for a long while before anyone knows how tasty he will b. We've had Daniel playing four years with us now n there were still plenty of discussions as to whether he was doing enough for senior footy or should be relegated to the ressies this year.

Reactions: 1 user

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Reckon we’ll get him pretty cheap and he’ll turn into a star. It’s meant to be imo.

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
TM’s right draft MR jun F/S Nov 2020 then be prepared to spend the time & effort to develop him,no rush.
The knock as I understand it is Pace or lack of it.Remember Maurice wasn’t quick,but he was smart & agile & virtually untackleable.
Give MRj every opportunity to make the Grade,we owe Maurice that much.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Playing for St Mary's this week

Is that the game at TIO Stadium on Sat 2:30pm?

If MRJ is in fact playing I assume you will be able to watch on YouTube site below?

I haven't seen him play since I did live in April this year where he didn't impress so keen to take another look.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Maurice junior bog in a 123 point win,kicked a couple goals,applied immense pressure and many high quality tackles while moving around very slippery playing for st Mary's against the waratahs.

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Maurice junior bog in a 123 point win,kicked a couple goals,applied immense pressure and many high quality tackles while moving around very slippery playing for st Mary's against the waratahs.

I posted Youtube replay link of game under main thread in Dyrertribe, haven't watched myself yet.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Nuff said, tuck him away in the back of the cupboard where no-one can find him.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Seems to have come a long way given early signs were not so good according to people in the know on here. The good genes seem to be coming out!

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Seems to have come a long way given early signs were not so good according to people in the know on here. The good genes seem to be coming out!
15 / 16 year old kid playing against 18 year old kids and men a lot of the time, no surprise he wasn't tearing games apart. Young fella is simply growing into size and capabilities n still got plenty to go. Foolish for anyone to start making calls on his fitness or physical capabilities so early in.
Still gunna be 5 or 6 years before anyone can definitively make a call on how good he is, or isn't.

Reactions: 4 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
And actually kicked 5 goals ,yes 5.

And actually kicked 5 goals ,yes 5.
Na, kicked 3

ST MARYS
Goal Kickers: A. Wilson 6, J. Calder 6, M. Rioli Jnr 3, T. Saunders 2, S. Rioli 2, J. Long, B. Rioli, P. Macfarlane, R. Smith, N. Paredes, J. Cheek
Best Players: J. Geary, R. Smith, M. Rioli Jnr, B. Rioli, D. Armitage, J. Calder

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Showed highlights on ABC news cam you believe it - Rioli‘s playing 1000th game for the club.

Who were the other 2 Rioli’s they mentioned played as well as they all kicked goals? Does anyone know much about them and can play?

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Showed highlights on ABC news cam you believe it - Rioli‘s playing 1000th game for the club.

Who were the other 2 Rioli’s they mentioned played as well as they all kicked goals? Does anyone know much about them and can play?

Brayden Rioli is Daniel’s brother and tied to Essendon’s zone