Maurice JNR | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice JNR

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Maurice, Cyril, Daniel, Willie, Dean..........................MoJo. The name's Rioli, there's gunna be plenty of pressure from the history of the name, plus the pressure of a truck load of old fart Richmond supporters who remember the original Maurice playing n will be sweating on everything the kid does.
Kid's gunna need plenty of support n protection from the rabid hype.

Maybe, but that's a broad presumption.

To presume he'll be thrown by old farts talking about his dad and sweating on his every move is rich especially when you consider he has been entrenched in the club for the last 2 years at least amongst the museum, all his dad's photos on the walls, his dad's name in the locker room, his dad's Social Club etc.

MoJo will be fine, go for a walk.

Last edited:

ninjahaha

Sponsored by Takeda Pharmaceutical
Feb 22, 2014
the shadows
After 3 flags in 4 years the pressure from us truck load's of old fart Richmond supporters is officially off.

Couldn't ask for better timing. Will be allowed to develop as he will. Get out there and enjoy yourself Son.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Maurice Rioli jnr was attacked by pluvers during his 2km time trial and could not finish that testing.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, raised by Cal Twomey and backed up by Sydney recruiter who said that was the reason the AFL gave as to why he didn't finish.

Did we put bird food through his hair to make sure he couldn't test??

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Maurice Rioli jnr was attacked by pluvers during his 2km time trial and could not finish that testing.
I have a family of plover birds at my warehouse. They are psycho, they stalk you and almost round you up into a corner.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I have a family of plover birds at my warehouse. They are psycho, they stalk you and almost round you up into a corner.

There was quite a big car park at a former work place of mine, some Plovers had made a nest in some bushes which were between the rows. There was always 2 or 3 car spots which were left vacant by the staff. This was due to the Plovers attacking anyone who was silly enough to park in those 2 or 3 spots.
It was quite funny watching unsuspecting folks who parked there being attacked & harassed by these agro birds.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yes, raised by Cal Twomey and backed up by Sydney recruiter who said that was the reason the AFL gave as to why he didn't finish.
Fake news surely? although I would not be surprised if Jnr did fail to complete a 2km time trial, where is the link to this fact?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Plover tennis is a sport in my family.

We have never ever hit em and i mow around their eggs and treat them very well

But watching the kids stride into the paddock with a tennis racquet, and try and hit a diving plover down the line,

Is indescribably hilarious.

I cant fathom how a kid from Tiwi from a royal blood line of the most agile athletes could be beaten by plovers???

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yeah they are shockers those birds. Much worse than magpies in nesting season. Apparently they have a poisonous spur under one of the wings.

Nasty little *smile*.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Apologies as its probably been mentioned before & people are aware, but MRJ is actually Daniel's uncle & not the other way around

I didn't know that

Reactions: 4 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It is on the road to the draft. Please don't use the term fake news.

Thanks for direction to story, have now listened but until I see footage of the savage attack :) I find it hard to believe, too convenient for a player that would probably struggle with 2k trial.