Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

yes, let's not pin goalkicking wizardry on MRJ

challenge him to collect assists. shane edwards assist numbers, but using little bullet passes in F50.

that's his go. was real happy with his game today.

Reactions: 8 users
yes, let's not pin goalkicking wizardry on MRJ

challenge him to collect assists. shane edwards assist numbers, but using little bullet passes in F50.

that's his go. was real happy with his game today.

There is no player in this competition who carried the weight of a famous bloodline to the extent this kid does.

People need to cut him some slack. He joined us as a kid. His father was 25 with a heap of footy experience in the then powerful WAFL before coming over.

I think the signs are there for him becoming a successful AFL footballer.

Reactions: 6 users
Haven't been a fan previously but I thought he was decent today, particularly in the first half. He busted his arse to get to a few crucial contests to intercept, as well as a couple of nifty tackle evasions in traffic. Most crucially, he didn't lose his head when disposing after absorbing the pressure.

Definitely more of a midfielder than a forward.

Noticed him less in the 2nd half but was surprised that he's only credited with 7 disposals overall.

Played very well.
I was underwhelmed by his selection but acquitted himself well.
But lost a couple of crucial one on ones that cost us. Dusty would have gobbled them up

Reactions: 1 user
You must have absolutely hated his game today
One game doesn’t make a career
His miss from 34 metres out was deflating
Campbell first game slots his set shot when we needed it
Either clean your glasses or don’t be bias

It's pretty gross of you that that's your take away from his game.
Were you at the game ?
7 possession game isn’t a pass mark champ
Yes he was slightly better today
But you cannot miss goals from 34 metres out directly in front

Some pressure chasing. But i didn’t think he did that much
6 effective disposals, 2 tackles. ??
If people talk up his game, they’re either easy markers or he gets marked easy compared to other players

One game doesn’t make a career
His miss from 34 metres out was deflating
Campbell first game slots his set shot when we needed it
Either clean your glasses or don’t be bias
34 metres :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Did you go out and measure it?
I find it ironic that you are telling someone not to be biased in a post about MRJ.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s embarrassing that you think a 7 possession game is a pass mark
Please !!
Before you start throwing stats as part of your argument how about you put it in context to the role he plays.

Some pressure chasing. But i didn’t think he did that much
6 effective disposals, 2 tackles. ??
If people talk up his game, they’re either easy markers or he gets marked easy compared to other players
Correct 2 tackles
No goals

Before you start throwing stats as part of your argument how about you put it in context to the role he plays.
Explain that 2 me
I was at the game
Add these stats
Fell over 4 times
Fumbled 5
Chased 8 times
You get the drift
And remember when Campbell ( 1st gamer ) was front and centre for his first goal
Where was junior ?
He was spectating
Harsh but fact !

34 metres :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Did you go out and measure it?
I find it ironic that you are telling someone not to be biased in a post about MRJ.
Fact ! Seems like Campbell has gone past him in 1 goal
PRE the place that posters Romance
Have a spell champ !

Played very well.
I was underwhelmed by his selection but acquitted himself well.
But lost a couple of crucial one on ones that cost us. Dusty would have gobbled them up
He's a completely different player to Dusty and plays a completely different tile so that's a bad comparison.

He was one of the very few that showed any intent yesterday. His big run down tackle likely saved a goal and his pressure and attack on the ball changed our momentum. Even the players all recognised it by all running to him rather than the bloke that kicked the goal. He was big part of our momentum shift.

It wasn't his fault he was targeted by players up the field when he was in a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 1, thats not his game.

I was surprised he was picked as well, but I thought he was great yesterday and did the job he was asked, not like so many others in that first half

Reactions: 4 users