Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Explain that 2 me
I was at the game
Add these stats
Fell over 4 times
Fumbled 5
Chased 8 times
You get the drift
And remember when Campbell ( 1st gamer ) was front and centre for his first goal
Where was junior ?
He was spectating
Harsh but fact !
I was at the game too.
He was the only player who looked like winning a ground ball.
He changed the momentum of the game in the 3rd quarter.
And btw who the *smile* counts how many times a player falls over?

Reactions: 6 users
Great effort. Better game. Was instrumental in that 3rd qtr surge.

People complaining about him losing aerial contests are crazy. We shouldn't be kicking it on his head.

Reactions: 4 users
He's a completely different player to Dusty and plays a completely different tile so that's a bad comparison.

He was one of the very few that showed any intent yesterday. His big run down tackle likely saved a goal and his pressure and attack on the ball changed our momentum. Even the players all recognised it by all running to him rather than the bloke that kicked the goal. He was big part of our momentum shift.

It wasn't his fault he was targeted by players up the field when he was in a 1 on 1 or a 2 on 1, thats not his game.

I was surprised he was picked as well, but I thought he was great yesterday and did the job he was asked, not like so many others in that first half
Wasn’t comparing him to Dusty.
Just bemoaning that he was resting in the pocket and being manned up and couldn’t halve an aerial contest.
Unfortunately they were kicking it on his head because there was no other target. Enter Dusty.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
7 possession game and 2 tackles no goals ( easy miss )
It’s not about hate
It’s about reality
Campbell debut game moved him past Maurice I am afraid
2 goals . 4 tackles
Who played better ???

Really pleased for young Maurice. Needs to build on that performance. Brings an intangible aspect to our F50 that we desperately need. Would George consider coming back via the mid yr draft….?

Just doesn’t gain enough possession or threaten offensively often enough. As a small forward, it has to be more than just defensive pressure.

I’d try him as a midfielder at VFL level before more AFL games.

Reactions: 2 users
Has speed. Bit of agility.

But panics still…and gets beaten too many times.

He just keeps getting beaten.

Reactions: 2 users
Back to the twos. In the guts. Until he gets 20+ every week for a month. Then tell him to get 25.

Reactions: 3 users
Seems to have no idea about how to read the play, not looking good for Maurice Jnr.

DS
The odd thing is at VFL level, he looks completely different when played on ball. Hunts the ball and finds it.

However as a small forward at either level, he has no clue of how to find it. Bizarre.

Reactions: 3 users
Very simple
Can’t play
National TV across Australia showed him
Contesting a mark against Lynch
Really ?
Thought I was watching the Comedy Channel
Enough. !!!!

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Needs to be sent back to the VFL. Clarke can play his role and provide more damage with ball in hand.