Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
I want so desperately for him to succeed.

But Spook may have it right - mid accumulator or bust.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers08

Tiger Cub
Apr 25, 2015
MJ also did some good things ...not that you would know it from negative Nellie's on here. Disgusting plie on on young developing player. Stuff like this turns you off social media. Constructive criticism fine, however.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Calm down fellow Punt Rolllers.
Is he the best crumbling foward in the comp? NO.
The issue with little Rioli is I haven't seen any improvement from last year or the year before.
He needs to add more to his game besides pressure.
He needs to get sticky hands, he double/triple handles.
I would give another 2 games and see if his confidence grows.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
The issue with little Rioli is I haven't seen any improvement from last year or the year before.
Couldn’t possibly play him again
Play Juddy, Coulhard , Cumberland etc
Where is their opportunity

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Clarke deserves another crack after some good form but despite his overall lack of impact, Rioli's hustle will be missed. That's an intangible on the stats sheet.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
How does M Rioli play in the midfield when he only has a 2 litre tank ?

He doesn’t have anywhere near the aerobic capacity to play there.

He makes it as a small forward or not at all. Most likely not at all right now.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I want MRJ to succeed but the evidence is there he’s just not up to it, pity.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He has no vision when he has the ball. You just don't get as much time at top level. Rarely makes good choices. If you are not going to get it much you have to make g
them count.

His pressure is great, but its not enough at this stage.

Reactions: 5 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
He can gain his confidence in the VFL
Theres players that deserve a go in his spot Coulthard Clarke Sonz Green Cumbo

Reactions: 2 users

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
There is such a good base there and those chase down tackles are worth so much. Both in terms of turnovers but also in team spirit. It lifts blokes to see him do it. But it's the other 85-90% of his gametime that is the issue. Most of his tackles happen well outside the forward 50. If he was clamping down on backs and generating shots at goal it would be different. But he isn't. So he's a bit of a liability up forward.

But then he couldn't be played further up the ground. He'd get absolutely minced by most midfielders.

Does he have the legs and the Gorilla Monsoon "intestinal fortitude" to play in the centre? Is he ever played in the guts at a centre bounce? Could he? I doubt it.

So what do we do with him? I genuinely want to know what people think. Am I missing something, or discounting his usefulness somehow? What's his future?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Very limited skill set.
Chase, pressure. Ok
Poor mark, fumbly hands, dinky30m kick., fitness, decision making, play reading, positioning. Not ok

Reactions: 7 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Very simple
Can’t play
National TV across Australia showed him
Contesting a mark against Lynch
Really ?
Thought I was watching the Comedy Channel
Enough. !!!!
Right on. He's a bust. If only other more promising youngsters were given the 30 or so games he's been given to prove himself. He gets alot more leeway even from supporters for some reason. If his name was Cumbo he'd have been burned at the stake by game 5 for his performance.

Clarke, Green, Coulthard, Cumbo, sheesh even Lefau has more ground sense. Take your pick. No room for sentiment.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
MJ also did some good things ...not that you would know it from negative Nellie's on here. Disgusting plie on on young developing player. Stuff like this turns you off social media. Constructive criticism fine, however.
Everyone acknowledges the good things. But it doesn't adequately account for the deficiencies. There's no disgust in what people are saying, it's factual. Now go and use your dowhthumb like you always do 😂.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Everyone acknowledges the good things. But it doesn't adequately account for the deficiencies. There's no disgust in what people are saying, it's factual. Now go and use your dowhthumb like you always do 😂.
1 kick ain’t going to get you a game
Forget about pressure
The game is about metres gained

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
All the Maurice haters can GAGF!

He was massive today. Massive. Made Sydney *smile* themselves, the only one left running on the 4th, got to and won so many contests when stars were walking.

Massive.

Massive.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
All the Maurice haters can GAGF!

He was massive today. Massive. Made Sydney *smile* themselves, the only one left running on the 4th, got to and won so many contests when stars were walking.

Massive.

Massive.
Yep. And he got his hands on the ball and used it well. Took on the opposition and they couldn’t tackle him. Hope that’s the confidence boost he needs to believe he belongs. He plays like that every week, he’s an automatic selection.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Yep. And he got his hands on the ball and used it well. Took on the opposition and they couldn’t tackle him. Hope that’s the confidence boost he needs to believe he belongs. He plays like that every week, he’s an automatic selection.

He was a machine. I've never seen such intent.

Far and away our MVP today, I don't care what the stats say. Almost single handedly made the entire Sydney squad wet their pants.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Sprayed a few passes, gave it away a few times but kept running, harassing. Really liked how he evolved over the game like a few other players.

Belief is an incredible asset to find.

Reactions: 5 users