Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Just watched again, when Hill had the ball, Jr was not in the picture. Hill hand balls forward 5 metres, then BANG!
It was awesome but one of the good things about it was the anticipation. He knew where the ball was going

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
He fatigues easily and as mentioned has puppy fat to burn. He loves the hip and shoulder and hits hard especially for a kid.

Only thing holding back MRJ is his tank, perceived "pressure" as a first year/son of a legend. Will be a regular once he's fit enough.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Laid a couple of thundering tackles from out of nowhere that drew him frees, nailed a couple of sausages n played some pretty good footy. Could have used a bit more support from others who were barely noticeable at times.
Sometimes simply getting a bit of reward for all the hard work can suddenly make a young bloke start to feel like he belongs in his role, n I reckon just maybe Moju is starting to feel like he can play Moju footy instead of needing to be the newest Rioli superstar.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I thought he was great in the first half.
Marking improving. Kicked a ripper goal. Scintillating. Probably should have had 3.
Disappeared after ht but i50s did too.

Reactions: 11 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Great in first half missed many run down tackles after halftime
Shouldve started him as a mid after half time

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I thought he was good particularly 1st half. Was hard to get him into the game in the 2nd half particularly in the 3rd when we lost Inside 50's so heavily.

His marking was really good, took 3 very good inside 50 marks, but needs to clean up his goal kicking. Should be practising that a lot.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maurice has shown more so far than last season so he is improving.

Yze should toss him in some centre bounces as the defensive mid get him amongst it every now and again to broaden hiss experience.

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Great in first half missed many run down tackles after halftime
Shouldve started him as a mid after half time
Did some good things. 6 SI’s . Nice goal. But
But often plays like George .
Two relatively easy misses for points either side of the sticks, the play on from 5 metres out. Lord help me.
His field kicking often below par. 75% game time 7 kicks 2 hb’s 1 tackle. A woeful 33.3% DE.
32 games he should be improving. We’ll see.
A run in the midfield?

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I thought he was great in the first half.
Marking improving. Kicked a ripper goal. Scintillating. Probably should have had 3.
Disappeared after ht but i50s did too.
Really? First 4 Disposals were ineffective. Had 3 effective for the game and 3 turnovers. His lack of awareness showed out again. How do you play on and kick into the man on the mark 5 metres out? He's is at least doing some scintillating cameo things, that goal was classy and taking some marks. Defensively did not much today. 1 tackle. Only 11 pressure acts. For comparison Mansell and Campbell had 26 and 16.

Not on his lonesome but not a great game. Better than last year on average.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Plays footy a lot like old mate Georgie, hell of a lot of almost. Coulda, shoulda, woulda nearly did. Keep getting some more games into the Moju, it's going to be one hell of a long season n the kid tries n tries n then tries some more. He's fun to watch n hope that some of what he does comes off well.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
He can definitely bring something different, seems to read the game better now in terms of marking and getting just enough space on his man. Kamikaze tackling. Ambitious.

Just needs to sort those set shots out... Would also like him having a run in midfield given our injuries.

Reactions: 6 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
He can definitely bring something different, seems to read the game better now in terms of marking and getting just enough space on his man. Kamikaze tackling. Ambitious.

Just needs to sort those set shots out... Would also like him having a run in midfield given our injuries.
He is improving. First, he is now allowed to play his natural game and the signs are good. Yes, needs to work on his kicking for goals, this will come as his confidence increases for each game. He has turned the corner from last season. Keep going MJ

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
That burst into space and finish with a goal was pretty exciting. Haven’t seen him do that before with some calmness on the finishing / no tripping over own feet / no second grabbing of the ball etc.

His internal confidence must be increasing. His burst of pace / explosiveness his key AFL trait to exploit

Reactions: 1 users