Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
That was never the case Zips, I have been saying he would be a late pick for 2 years, it's his cousins and uncles saying he could be the best ever.
Size 173cm, endurance, productivity, maturity have allowed us to get him on the cheap, now that we have him there is no longer a need for Jnr to tank and he is free to show the world you should never overlook a Rioli.
straight from the RFC website

Recruited from: St Marys, Northern Territory / Scotch College
Position: Small forward
Height: 179cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 09/01/02

He must have had a growth spurt :)

Reactions: 3 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Nearly every other site has him at 173cm and that is what I see with my eyes, anyway off to see the little wizard.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria

only thing that is confusing me is his DOB, I've always had him @ 1st September same as his dad, unless this is the septic convention ?

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Welcome Maurice.

The beauty is he can just develop at the required rate. In the past he would be thrown to the wolves to generate excitement due to his surname.

Imagine Shai Daniel & Maurice all playing together in the same forward line. (Of course when Castagna is having a rest on the bench Zip)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That was never the case Zips, I have been saying he would be a late pick for 2 years, it's his cousins and uncles saying he could be the best ever.

Endurance, Size 173cm,productivity, maturity have allowed us to get him on the cheap, now that we have him there is no longer a need for Jnr to tank and he is free to show the world you should never overlook a Rioli.

My insider reckons he is the best tackler he has seen.
He dosent get tackles broken

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Classic what Jnr thought when Essendon asked him if he wanted to play for Essendon and yet still they bid him

I must say I got a little emotional reading that article. Not only reminded me of Maurice senior but also of a time when my own (unfortunately long gone) father took me to the footy. We both loved Maurice.

Reactions: 7 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
There looks to be a fair bit of Maurice senior in him Zips. Maurice was an unbelievable tackler, had a great sidestep and good vision, Mojo looks to have all those traits, happy days.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yes, great and moving article in The Age. Sounds like his little sister, Mia, is a gun as well. His mum sounds like she is amazing.
Re his height; Daniel is listed as 179cm and this is accurate seeing him in person. So can't see how MJ can be the same, given he is shorter when standing next to Daniel!

Anyway, a dream come true to finally get MJ to the club of his great father. Congrats, Maurice, delighted to see you join this wonderful club and ignore the insulting overtures of the Bummers.

However, you're your own man and AFL in this highly professional era is a tough road. There are no guarantees despite a name that is 'holy' at RFC. Good luck,son. Hope you can make it but know you will give it your best shot. It sounds like you are of fine character and made of stern stuff. Good luck.

Reactions: 2 users

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Is a VERY good tackler, likes to make opponents look silly, and he does this offensively and defensively. Lots of cheek about him, very endearing teammate

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Sounds like a super kid, fancy telling Essendon, why would i play anywhere but Richmond.

• Love

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
How good is it having 2 Riolis .............best.

Has Dow been kicked out of his locker yet?

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've got a real good feeling about Mojo.

• Love

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Yes, great and moving article in The Age. Sounds like his little sister, Mia, is a gun as well. His mum sounds like she is amazing.
Re his height; Daniel is listed as 179cm and this is accurate seeing him in person. So can't see how MJ can be the same, given he is shorter when standing next to Daniel!

Anyway, a dream come true to finally get MJ to the club of his great father. Congrats, Maurice, delighted to see you join this wonderful club and ignore the insulting overtures of the Bummers.

However, you're your own man and AFL in this highly professional era is a tough road. There are no guarantees despite a name that is 'holy' at RFC. Good luck,son. Hope you can make it but know you will give it your best shot. It sounds like you are of fine character and made of stern stuff. Good luck.
I asked Dan about his height when i seen him last time and said he is just over 180 and i also asked what about MJ he said he was nearly the same height and will probably get to his height. This was nearly 1 year ago.

Also seen picture of Dan dropping MJ off at Darwin airport and looking at that pick it looks like about 2cm 3 at max difference between them so thinking its about right maybe 1-2 more but who cares as thats big enough and im certain that MJ will be a stronger player through the hips and shoulders

Shai is 175cm Baker 173 and Prestia 175. If you are good enough size doesnt matter unless you want to be a ruckman lol

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005

Wonder what would happen if he tried to tackle Stengle? Probably the same thing as dropping a cat out of a window with a piece of buttered bread strapped to its back.

Welcome to Tigerland, Paradox.

• Haha