Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
As a small forward our tiro might have had 60 minutes in him when he was promoted this year. But when we get clear Dimma gives him a run up the park. And Maurice lights up. And he runs a bit harder for a bit longer.

2022 TOG:
R7- 68%
R8- 73%
R9- 65%
R10- 76%

76% is his current record and perfectly respectable. And we all saw that it was a busy 76%.

Our man is getting a tank.

Reactions: 11 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I'll say it again ... MRjr is going to be a better player than Cyril Rioli
Would be nice... one thing is for sure, he has those Cyril traits, the side step, the bounceyness if ya know what I mean. Let's see how he goes as he gets a few big preseasons under his belt. Lot to like love.

Reactions: 4 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
As a small forward our tiro might have had 60 minutes in him when he was promoted this year. But when we get clear Dimma gives him a run up the park. And Maurice lights up. And he runs a bit harder for a bit longer.

2022 TOG:
R7- 68%
R8- 73%
R9- 65%
R10- 76%

76% is his current record and perfectly respectable. And we all saw that it was a busy 76%.

Our man is getting a tank.
Is it always possible for a player to get to the right fitness level? Or do some just not have the physiology?

Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Is it always possible for a player to get to the right fitness level? Or do some just not have the physiology?

From the outside some just seem to have natural tanks, 22. I dunno how the ceilings work. TBR and some others are very good students of this stuff.

I'm noting the TOG because I think a trend will emerge. (Maybe it already is emerging.)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
All the players get to premium fitness levels, it's just that they have different physiology. Some are like Bathurst V8's n thunder along the track at sustained speed all day long. Others are like qtr mile dragsters n explode down the track in devastating fashion. Gotta have a couple of dragsters in the garage just to make the oppo V8's go WTF.

• Haha

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
It’s just like some athletes have more ‘fast twitch fibres’ than ‘slow twitch’.

With constant you change the above.

But it’s also true that no matter how much they train they not get there.

If Jnr can become a player like his uncle Dan this kid will terrorise opposition defenders.

I think it’s one those ‘thankless’ positions as a small forward that any half chances you have to try to convert, assist as it can become starvation corner as Dan found out the past year and a half.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
All the players get to premium fitness levels, it's just that they have different physiology. Some are like Bathurst V8's n thunder along the track at sustained speed all day long. Others are like qtr mile dragsters n explode down the track in devastating fashion. Gotta have a couple of dragsters in the garage just to make the oppo V8's go WTF.
What about a T-model Ford? Luckily there’s a spot for us supporters there :LOL:

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What about a T-model Ford? Luckily there’s a spot for us supporters there :LOL:
Plenty of old T - models n dodgy second hand rust buckets sitting in the outer. Trabants get to chug around in lime green.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I'll say it again ... MRjr is going to be a better player than Cyril Rioli
Personally I don't think so. Cyril had a few more tricks up his sleeve but gee that was a good game. His continued pressure made Dons players cr@p themselves every time they went near the ball.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
seemed to really start to believe he can play at this level last night. His confidence in himself is building, starting to do those steps and feints his old man was genius at.

He's going to do some amazing things this kid.

Reactions: 8 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Personally I don't think so. Cyril had a few more tricks up his sleeve but gee that was a good game. His continued pressure made Dons players cr@p themselves every time they went near the ball.
Bit if a ways to go hey. Depends on longevity and durability in my opinion. As good as Cyril was he missed alot of footy.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
It’s just like some athletes have more ‘fast twitch fibres’ than ‘slow twitch’.

With constant you change the above.

But it’s also true that no matter how much they train they not get there.

If Jnr can become a player like his uncle Dan this kid will terrorise opposition defenders.

I think it’s one those ‘thankless’ positions as a small forward that any half chances you have to try to convert, assist as it can become starvation corner as Dan found out the past year and a half.
Actually Maurice Jr is Daniel's uncle, not the other way around.
Well, not even"uncle" really. Daniel's father, Bradley, and Maurice Jr are first cousins.
So they are, technically, "first cousins once removed".
Despite being five years older, Daniel is one generation lower down in the family tree than Maurice Jr.

Reactions: 5 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's starting to side step and shrug off tackles like his dad did so effortlessly. Look out once he develops more core strength and you can already see he has the work ethic for this. Exciting times and agree with some others - reckon we may have a mid on our hands, not just a pressure forward.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
He's starting to side step and shrug off tackles like his dad did so effortlessly. Look out once he develops more core strength and you can already see he has the work ethic for this. Exciting times and agree with some others - reckon we may have a mid on our hands, not just a pressure forward.
He said he wants to be himself and not get pressured to be like his father, but I reckon he can develop as a mid as time goes on.