Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
When I checked the stats after the game couldn't believe he only had 12 disposals. Just shows how good his chasing & pressure etc is to have so much influence on a game.

Champion Data need to start tracking player possessions. How many times does MRJ take possession of an opponent.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
My favourite was the flying smother, leaping over the hapless hawk castrated on the ground.

He is a human pinball.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Was impressed with both MJ and Dan's professionalism to present themselves ready to play against the Hawks. I think they only got back from Willie's dad funeral the day before the game.

Reactions: 10 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
If Dimma was on his game he would have been all over this and MRJ would not have been sitting on the sub bench with his tracksuit on whilst we were getting rolled by North, Gold Coast and suffering a draw with Dockers. That cost us 10pts and a definite top 4 finish. With Melb and Bris playing each other this week a win against the Druggies and we finish 4th and meet our finals bunnies at the G in a qualifying final

Reactions: 4 users

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
Can we all stop cheering as he’s about to tackle someone? It’s giving them the benefit of knowing he’s about to pounce.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Can we all stop cheering as he’s about to tackle someone? It’s giving them the benefit of knowing he’s about to pounce.
Alternatively....

When the oppo player is in the clear the Tiges supporters can do the rising cheer interspersed with shouts of "get him Maurice", even when MRj's on the bench, and watch the oppo player hear footsteps!

Jimmy Fallon Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I compare Maurice to some other small forwards at other clubs and I realise Maurice , not once, ever thinks about playing for frees while some of those others it's all they think about.

Reactions: 11 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
He's like a dog chasing a tennis ball in the park. Comes back with a smile on his face and wants to chase again.

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No.1 pressure player in the comp
He has created 112 points through pressure acts in the last month.

• Love

Third Ring

Richmond is...
Oct 3, 2003
My favourite was the flying smother, leaping over the hapless hawk castrated on the ground.

He is a human pinball.
I know it’s a tough game and we are ruthless, but removing the balls of your opponent is going a bit far…unless it’s the shrugger or a Cat.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Forget the stats sheet.

Moju brings preceived, inferred and real pressure on the defenders of the opposition.

Reactions: 2 users

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
watched him up close on Sunday... the presence he has with out the ball is phenomenal. Its not just hype. He glides along then then bang, flicks on the after-burners. Does anyone chase as hard as this guy? And don't let the big Cheshire Cat grin fool you - he's got a touch of the Marlions about his tackles.

Poor old hawforn players calling code brown every time they took possession.

Reactions: 3 users