Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Needs to go back to the role he played last year as a true small forward. This attempt to make him Shedda despite being less skilled was never likely to work. Again we should be focusing on what he does well. He was a massive reason for why our turnover game worked so well last year and playing further up the ground makes that difficult to do and then leaves him in no mans land. He needs to be told to stick at the base of our tallest forward and crumb the ball if a mark isn't taken. Either crumbs the ball or pressure on the defenders disposal to try and turn the ball over and give us a repeat inside 50. He isn't good enough to play higher up the ground IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Was an amazing tackle last night but unfortunately I think he's been one of the disappointments of the season so far mainly because of the strong way he finished off last season.
His offensive game really needs to improve..

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
I think he'd struggle for a game but for his name
Nah. There's no one else to choose.
Castagna was told he wouldn't be best 22 and he is gone.
Bulter Higgins are gone.
A once strength of the mighty Richmond football club is now a major weakness.
Bring back Naish

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
Won't make it unfortunately. If he could get it more and have composure would be a fan favorite

Reactions: 1 users

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
To be useful to us he needs to get more of the ball with the way the game has developed over last and this season. The defensive forward role is nearly obsolete.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Not writing him off like others. Can do with extra conditioning to run out games better and become more involved. I think this is holding him back.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
His dad was always a favourite of mine. I loved the fact that we recruited his son. But I'm not sure he would be on a list if he didn't have the name.

Need more to your game than pressure. His kicking and composure is not where it needs to be. He has time to develop and really hope he makes it but at this stage the signs are not great.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
I'm sure we'd like to give him some development time in the VFA but the cupboard is pretty bare for small forwards.

To be fair to MoJu he did some amazing defensive stuff last night and almost did some offensively. Almost again.

Seth Campbell won't offer the pressure that MoJu does but he is super constructive. We do have one small forward coming through. Once we get his body right.

Meanwhile Maurice is in mediocre form with ball. And we all tread water.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Where do we start?
Looks out of place out there Is second to the ball Doesn’t make the play expects the play to come to him very reactionary Is stationery when there’s a ball up in the forward line he’s just watching flat footed when he should be moving anticipating where the ball will go and run onto it Is never there for the ball off the back of the pack for a crumbing goal
Appears he’s totally lost out there Needs a decent run in the VFL to get some form
We must play Cumbo Mansell Coulthard ahead of him ATM

Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Seems he's going to take a while longer to step up to a level of consistency at the top level.
I'll keep my fingers crossed, but it's back to the vfl for the time-being for my mind.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Where do we start?
Looks out of place out there Is second to the ball Doesn’t make the play expects the play to come to him very reactionary Is stationery when there’s a ball up in the forward line he’s just watching flat footed when he should be moving anticipating where the ball will go and run onto it Is never there for the ball off the back of the pack for a crumbing goal
Appears he’s totally lost out there Needs a decent run in the VFL to get some form
We must play Cumbo Mansell Coulthard ahead of him ATM
Can't be fit surely. Watched him quite closely at the game. Just running around as if not having a clue how to play the game . No touches in the 2nd half. Very little effective pressure. Beaten to the ball or in a contest almost every single time. Why bring him back so soon?

asian tetley

Tiger Superstar
Jul 5, 2012
Can't be fit surely. Watched him quite closely at the game. Just running around as if not having a clue how to play the game . No touches in the 2nd half. Very little effective pressure. Beaten to the ball or in a contest almost every single time. Why bring him back so soon?
Exactly, why bring him back so soon?
Selection error.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
His decision making and execution needs a lot of work.

Often gets to the right spots, gets opportunities, but with ball in hand he buggers it up a lot.

Reactions: 3 users