Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Yes! Welcome young man. Looking forward to watching your career.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Welcome Maurice, it's fantastic to have another Rioli at the club.

Reactions: 3 users
Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
My dad took me to a pre-season practice game at VFL park once. Reckon it was 83 or 84. I was part of a big group of Tiger supporting kids who climbed over the dugout to watch the players run on to the ground. After the last player cleared the race the group realised there was no Maurice and just erupted in the direction of a couple of old trainers who wandered out last.
‘Where’s Maurice?’
‘We want Maurice!’
Outraged, the lot of us. A few minutes later the great man emerged and we roared and shouted his name till way after he’d have been out of earshot.
Roachy was out there. And Jim Jess. The Flea. Premiership heroes everywhere. But Maurice was the rockstar. Nothing and nobody else would do but Maurice to us. He just played so differently.
This is the last time I’ll mention the old man’s deeds. I’ve officially purged. The young fella’s a new player with his own story to be written now.
Welcome Maurice Jr.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Well said TJ.
There will only ever be one Maurice Rioli Snr. He was special. He was also my childhood hero.

Comparisons will inevitably be made with his famous father but Jnr deserves breathing space, support & the chance to write his own story. I can’t wait to watch his own tale unfold.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
Welcome to home to Tigerland MR2.
Such memories of his great dad. That amazing Round 2 game in 1982 when the Tigers got up by a few points to beat North.
It was basically Riolli and Egan v The Krakouers.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Welcome home Maurice.

We kept your room.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

fat-fifty-footmad

Tiger Cub
Oct 6, 2017
Welcome aboard Maurice - watching tapes and reading reports this kid 'could' be like Maurice (his dad) or Cyril (uncle?). Unlikely to be both.

What would be prefer tiger fans?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I dont understand, this Rioli was meant to be the best Rioli ever but in a comprised draft, he struggled to get picked at pick 50.
What are his weakness??
Why so late, people were saying last year he would go top 10, top 5 etc.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I dont understand, this Rioli was meant to be the best Rioli ever but in a comprised draft, he struggled to get picked at pick 50.
What are his weakness??
Why so late, people were saying last year he would go top 10, top 5 etc.
That was never the case Zips, I have been saying he would be a late pick for 2 years, it's his cousins and uncles saying he could be the best ever.

Endurance, Size 173cm,productivity, maturity have allowed us to get him on the cheap, now that we have him there is no longer a need for Jnr to tank and he is free to show the world you should never overlook a Rioli.

Reactions: 10 users