Maurice Rioli Jnr | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Maurice Rioli Jnr

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Just watched him play in the GF against Nightcilff. He has a long way to go before he is ready to play senior AFL footy.
Hopefully he has the right attitude and desire to put in the hard preseasons.
His dad won a B&F in his first year at Tigerland.
I expect nothing less from Junior

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
In the #49 guernsey worn by Patty Contin.

Interestingly #49 has never been worn by a Tiger in a Premiership Winning Side.

Maybe Mojo will be the first ......

Maurice won the B and F and the Norm Smith in his first season.

Junior can win a Premiership Medal and best first year player.............sounds good to me

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
obviously needs more conditioning and to lose the puppy fat but you can see he has the urgency and explosiveness. exciting.

Reactions: 2 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
To paraphrase the Colonel from Rambo 3 "we didn't make you this footballing machine, we just chipped away the rough edges"...cinematic masterpiece Rambo 3!!!!
No rush with Jnr, give him the time to develop at a normal pace. But as Harry wrote he has some really good traits that can't be taught. But most importantly life is always better with a Rioli running around in a Richmond jumper.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
To paraphrase the Colonel from Rambo 3 "we didn't make you this footballing machine, we just chipped away the rough edges"...cinematic masterpiece Rambo 3!!!!
No rush with Jnr, give him the time to develop at a normal pace. But as Harry wrote he has some really good traits that can't be taught. But most importantly life is always better with a Rioli running around in a Richmond jumper.
And now we got 2 !!

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So the Tiges have 2 Riolis and both look like they can play (we know Daniel can and MRJ looked good today).

Every other AFL club.
1614321405488.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
In the quarter I saw (3rd) he played with purpose, not like an average lost 18yo. If he picks up the structures quickly, can see him playing sooner rather than later.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
In the quarter I saw (3rd) he played with purpose, not like an average lost 18yo. If he picks up the structures quickly, can see him playing sooner rather than later.
He'd do very well too, would just be his tank that might hold him back. He's going to be a ******* beauty.

Last edited:

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
He fatigues easily and as mentioned has puppy fat to burn. He loves the hip and shoulder and hits hard especially for a kid.

Only thing holding back MRJ is his tank, perceived "pressure" as a first year/son of a legend. Will be a regular once he's fit enough.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't watch much of the B game but MRJ looked to have the skills and footy smarts but I still reckon will need a year or two of full AFL training and fitness before he shows us what he can really do.

DS

Reactions: 1 user